In a statement, Amazon Prime vice president Cem Sibay described the new discount program as "a flawless pairing of healthy and delicious food at even more affordable prices". They also can opt in to use their phone number at checkout to get the savings. Each week stores will feature up to 10 new deals.
Rotational deals in Florida stores this week include $6 for two bags of KIND granola, $2 off organic strawberries per pound, half-off cold brew coffee at Allegro coffee bars and so on.
Combining digital coupons with physical store shopping gives Amazon-Whole Foods a big advantage over other market players.
Amazon Prime members will get discounts and special deals at selectWhole Foods Market stores, Amazon announcedon Wednesday, May 16. Whole Foods' loyalty program, which ended on May 2, was young and was considered weak, according to industry insiders. Amazon has also been rolling out a number of perks for Prime users who choose to do their shopping at Whole Foods, and today, it's adding another one to the list.
The discounts are the latest offering for subscribers to Amazon's Prime service, which offers free two-day shipping on certain items from Amazon's online retailer as well as a video-streaming service. As CEO Jeff Bezos revealed in his most recent letter to shareholders, the service has more than 100 million members globally. While the Whole Foods Rewards program is shutting down this year, it seems as though a new rewards program is gradually being introduced to Prime Members, perhaps as a way to encourage a new wave of people to join.
Higher sales for Whole Foods and more Prime Memberships would both be wins for AMZN stock. The grocery perks could also help ease an increase in membership costs, which rose this month to an annual $119 from $99 in the US, the first price hike since March 2014.
- Golden Knights top Jets 3-1, tie up Western Conference finals
- Pakistan, Turkey to raise voice against Israeli atrocities at world forums
- Players' Championship: Webb Simpson had to "battle through" for TPC Sawgrass win
- Manchester City's record breaking Premier League season by the numbers
- Malaysia's Mahathir says anti-fake news law to be given "proper" definition
- Nawaz Sharif 'Speaking Modi's Words' On Mumbai Attacks: Top 10 Developments
- See The Official Teaser & Poster For "Bohemian Rhapsody" Biopic
- #N12BK: Uber ends policy of forced arbitration for sexual assault claims
- Donnelly Becomes 2nd Democrat To Support CIA Nominee Haspel
- Apple, Goldman Sachs planning Pay-branded credit card