Antonio Conte has dared Chelsea to sack him, saying that the club have failed to match his ambition and that he can not change his managerial style or personality.
The former Juventus manager lost motivation through the season and became disillusioned by the club when key transfer were not completed. Conte is in the final year of his contract, and the West London club will have to pay a compensation worth £9million to him.
Luis Enrique looks the clear favourite to replace Conte, but also in the running is Monaco head coach Leonardo Jardim and Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri.
The triumph added gloss to a disappointing 2017-18 campaign for Antonio Conte's Chelsea side that saw them finish fifth in the Premier League, 30 points behind champions City. "Even in a hard season, I showed I am a serial victor".
But instead, the United manager spent little time addressing his players and simply used the opportunity to thank his squad for their efforts this season and wished them well ahead of their holidays and the World Cup.
He has not been as effective this season for Chelsea as he was previous year - but none of the Blues players have been.
Chelsea's last lustre performances and poor form have indicated Conte's departure.
"But I'd have taken Bertrand personally".
Ruiz plays in the same position as ex-Red Devils midfielder, Michael Carrick, and Mourinho wants the 22-year-old at Old Trafford.
It's led many to speculate about the future of the star, who will be representing Brazil in the 2018 World Cup in Russian Federation this summer.
'I've showed this today, because we found the right way to win this trophy.
"But, I repeat, I have huge respect for my club and I am sure it will make the best decision".
- North Carolina teachers march for more education funding
- Amazon Prime members get a cheaper Whole Foods basket
- Iran foreign minister sets off on tour to save nuclear deal
- Media hype around Markle's father overshadows royal wedding
- Gina Haspel is flawed choice to lead Central Intelligence Agency
- Han Solo Movie Sequel has 'So Many Possibilities'
- Pauley Perrette alludes to physical assaults
- Sanders: Trump's 'animals' comment referred to MS-13
- Facebook disabled 1.3B fake accounts in 6 months
- The Clean Cut: Science video explains Yanny vs. Laurel debate