They rebounded with wins after each of the first three, romping by an average of 20.7 points.
The reigning champion Warriors now have the opportunity to take a commanding 3-1 lead with a further victory in front of their home fans in game four on Tuesday as they chase a fourth straight National Basketball Association finals appearance.
Game 4 of the Western Conference Finals is set for Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST.
One person who wasn't impressed was Steph Curry's mom, Sonya Curry, who the superstar point guard said told him "to wash my mouth out... with soap".
Stephen Curry was on his way to another two days of online debate about what was wrong with his game.
It's been a decade since the last larger game-to-game swing.
Any lingering fears from Warriors fans were dispelled by Curry's performance on Sunday night; he finished the evening with 35 points in the Warriors' 126-85 blowout of Houston.
While speaking to reporters on Monday, Durant needed just two words to offer his endorsement of Curry's in-game cursing.
"It starts 0-0", Warriors coach Steve Kerr said of Game 4. Cleveland mercilessly hunted Rozier on switches - forcing him on to LeBron or Kevin Love then attacking - and the Cavs got enough from their role players. "I won't let two tough games shooting keep me frustrated".
But Steph Curry's choice of words uttered during the third quarter is getting some attention, especially of one very important lady to Curry himself.
"From Game 1 and 2 to Game 3, what we did better was when guys did make mistakes, we had teammates there". Add in the NBA's best defender in Draymond Green and another sharpshooter in Klay Thompson and the Warriors become a almost flawless team at home.
Harden and Paul began 3 for 14 with Paul missing six shots before getting his first basket on goaltending against Andre Iguodala 2:39 before halftime.
- United States issues red alert for Hawaii volcanic eruption
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Princess Charlotte and Prince George arrive
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Oil briefly hit $80 for the first time since 2014
- Researchers Uncover Two Hidden Pages in Anne Frank's Diary
- 'Who are you?' Iran hits back at U.S. demands
- United States denounces Venezuela vote as illegitimate