"They feel so lucky to have been able to share their day with all those gathered in Windsor and also all those who watched the wedding on television across the UK, Commonwealth, and around the world".
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (aka Kate Middleton) accompanied daughter Charlotte, who matched the other bridesmaids in her endlessly adorable white frock, topped off by a coordinated white flower crown. There is no "official" rule about what women should wear at a formal wedding in the United Kingdom but there is a strongly followed unofficial rule: You want to bust out an awesome-looking hat.
The 3-year-old girl apparently took after her uncle Harry.
But waiting always got everyone bored, and Princess Charlotte was no exception. Charlotte, who was one of Meghan's six bridesmaids, is clearly a chip off the old block, as this is a stunt her uncle pulled a number of times when he was Charlotte's age.
GETTY Prince William Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry greet members of the public on a walkabout ahead of the royal wedding
Once the children had followed Meghan down the aisle of St George's Chapel, they were scurried away into a side room and were not present for the full marriage service. Their proper behavior was a breath of fresh air for the royal family.
At the reception, they were treated to a show by entertainers hired especially by Harry and Meghan to keep them out of the adults' hair. The royal, now aged 33, famously made a silly face out of another vehicle window after a visit to the hospital to see his newly-born cousin, Princess Beatrice, in 1988.
The bridesmaids had to be given a helping hand as they walked up the steps of St George's Chapel.
When the prince was a child, he was known for pulling a move similar to that of Princess Charlotte. Unsurprisingly, it has reminded many people of an equally cute moment that happened at Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding on May 19.
- North Korea to abandon Trump nuclear meeting 'if cornered'
- Oil Rises to New Three-Year Highs
- Sanders: Trump's 'animals' comment referred to MS-13
- United States issues red alert for Hawaii volcanic eruption
- United States denounces Venezuela vote as illegitimate
- The Clean Cut: Science video explains Yanny vs. Laurel debate
- India court allows Modi's BJP to form state govt despite lacking majority
- Pakistan, Turkey to raise voice against Israeli atrocities at world forums
- Gina Haspel is flawed choice to lead Central Intelligence Agency
- North Carolina teachers march for more education funding