"They feel so lucky to have been able to share their day with all those gathered in Windsor and also all those who watched the wedding on television across the UK, Commonwealth, and around the world".
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (aka Kate Middleton) accompanied daughter Charlotte, who matched the other bridesmaids in her endlessly adorable white frock, topped off by a coordinated white flower crown. There is no "official" rule about what women should wear at a formal wedding in the United Kingdom but there is a strongly followed unofficial rule: You want to bust out an awesome-looking hat.
The 3-year-old girl apparently took after her uncle Harry.
But waiting always got everyone bored, and Princess Charlotte was no exception. Charlotte, who was one of Meghan's six bridesmaids, is clearly a chip off the old block, as this is a stunt her uncle pulled a number of times when he was Charlotte's age.
GETTY Prince William Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry greet members of the public on a walkabout ahead of the royal wedding
Once the children had followed Meghan down the aisle of St George's Chapel, they were scurried away into a side room and were not present for the full marriage service. Their proper behavior was a breath of fresh air for the royal family.
At the reception, they were treated to a show by entertainers hired especially by Harry and Meghan to keep them out of the adults' hair. The royal, now aged 33, famously made a silly face out of another vehicle window after a visit to the hospital to see his newly-born cousin, Princess Beatrice, in 1988.
The bridesmaids had to be given a helping hand as they walked up the steps of St George's Chapel.
When the prince was a child, he was known for pulling a move similar to that of Princess Charlotte. Unsurprisingly, it has reminded many people of an equally cute moment that happened at Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding on May 19.
- Han Solo Movie Sequel has 'So Many Possibilities'
- Oil briefly hit $80 for the first time since 2014
- Amazon Prime members get a cheaper Whole Foods basket
- Golden Knights top Jets 3-1, tie up Western Conference finals
- Oil Rises to New Three-Year Highs
- Facebook suspends 200 rogue apps over data scandal
- The Kerch Strait bridge is officially opened
- North Korea to abandon Trump nuclear meeting 'if cornered'
- Europa Final: Simeone Confident Despite Ban As Marseille Coach Chases History
- Pakistan, Turkey to raise voice against Israeli atrocities at world forums