When he was asked about his readiness for Game 6, Paul reportedly said, "Oh, yeah". So Curry will keep shimmying, and he seems to hope Paul will too. It was different this year: Finally, for the first time since he was a fledgling star with the Oklahoma City Thunder, it wasn't all on him.
Paul will be re-evaluated on Friday, with Game 6 tipping off on Saturday at 9 ET.
The Rockets defeated the Warriors, 98-94 tonight in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals to take a 3-2 series lead.
Boston got off to a fast start because Jaylen Brown had 15 first-quarter points and the Celtics shot 61 percent as a team, none of which seemed sustainable but it got them out to a 25-20 lead after one.
James Harden, their key player, said: "For us nothing changes". Houston got bailed out, however, when Quinn Cook - who didn't exactly look confident in such a big moment - missed a wide open 3-pointer on the right wing while Paul stood and watched helplessly from 50 feet away.
"If you can shimmy on somebody else, you gotta be alright getting shimmied on", Curry told reporters after the game.
James Harden earned a spot in the record books with his inaccuracy from 3-point range, but he settled a little bit less as the game went on, and he got to the line eight times in the second half. If you don't ever believe anything I say, believe this: "We're a group of champions".
Golden State figures to benefit from a couple factors when the series resumes on Saturday night. His shortest absence due to a hamstring injury was two games during the 2015 West semifinals against the Rockets, when he played for the LA Clippers.
There are some tough choices ahead.
The Rockets have a one-game cushion and the advantage of playing a potential Game 7 at home. If not, the defeat will be remembered as the most painful twist of fate in an illustrious career that has been defined by both brilliant play and bad fortune.
- Happy Trump blocking people 'unconstitutional', rules U.S. judge
- Fox activist urges Murdoch to engage with Comcast on asset deal
- Milwaukee police apologize for arrest, tasing of National Basketball Association player
- Census: Franklin Among Nation's Fastest-Growing Large Cities
- North Korea poised to demolish nuclear test site amid Trump summit doubts
- 2 injured in IN school shooting, suspect arrested
- Rockets rally past Warriors in 4th to even series
- Andy Rubin selling Essential, stopping second phone work
- Teachers return to site of deadly Texas school shooting
- Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Threatens Crucial Israeli-Owned Power Plant