"Every time I could talk to him, he was very helpful".
"It is still a long race ahead of us tomorrow".
After three races without a podium finish, last year's victor and fellow-four-time champion Vettel said he is not feeling undue pressure to bounce back with a win.
His Red Bull mechanics were unable to fix the auto in time and Verstappen now faces the problem of trying to score points from last on the grid at a place where overtaking is nigh on impossible, unless the driver in front makes a mistake.
He faces a hard challenge to fight through the field at a track which has extremely limited overtaking opportunities.
"It feels a little bittersweet".
"It feels a bit bitter-sweet, we should have had two cars up there". Really delighted for the pole but we should have had two cars up there and it's frustrating with such a fast auto not to have both cars on the front row of the grid. "Red Bull have had the pace all weekend, we knew that would be the case here", said Hamilton.
Vettel is expected tactics to play a major part in the outcome of the race on Sunday as the teams tussle between tyres choice.
"There is no more brutal lesson to what he has had and hopefully he is smart enough to learn from that".
Vettel won the first two races of the season, but since then has seen a 17-point lead reversed into a 17-point deficit behind Hamilton who is seeking his third consecutive victory.
He has come close since joining Ferrari, finishing second in the championship a year ago, but he's yet to taste victory with the iconic red.
Vettel and Hamilton were singing Leclerc's praises during Wednesday's press conference, with the Monegasque centre of attention at his home race.
"I gave it everything I could".
"Obviously, I'm super-happy, but I'm not showing that because until I get the big trophy, I'm not going to be satisfied".
Lance Stroll of Canada driving the (18) Williams Martini Racing FW41 Mercedes on track during qualifying for the Monaco Formula One Grand Prix at Circuit de Monaco on May 26, 2018 in Monte-Carlo, Monaco. Perez qualified ninth in the second Force India, with Pierre Gasly also claiming a top 10 spot for Toro Rosso.
- Subtropical Storm Alberto heads toward Gulf of Mexico
- Milwaukee police apologize for arrest, tasing of National Basketball Association player
- Fox activist urges Murdoch to engage with Comcast on asset deal
- Census: Franklin Among Nation's Fastest-Growing Large Cities
- North Korea still open to talks with the US
- Bale on bench for Real Madrid in Champions League final
- Reggie Bush Says Donald Trump Needs To 'Stay In His Lane'
- China’s License to Participate in 2018 RIMPAC Revoked by the Pentagon
- Area towns set Memorial Day weekend services
- Crude oil slips 36 cents after surge in U.S. crude inventories