In the second-half, Grealish was himself lucky not to see red after a wild lunging challenge on Cairney.
What a talent this young man is.
Slavica Jokanovic's Fulham secured the £200m windfall up for grabs in the richest game in world football, as they rocked Villa on to the back foot with a fine first half display and then clung on to secure a famous victory.
That figure could rise to in excess of 280 million pounds ($370 million) if the club from southwest London survives its first season back in the Premier League.
The Villans failed to turn up for much of the first half and found themselves behind when the midfield ace netted from Ryan Sessegnon's cross inside the first 25 minutes.
At the final whistle, Villa manager Steve Bruce, who suffered the loss of both parents this calendar year, folded his arms, shook hands and stayed rooted in his technical area, a man alone with his thoughts, until Fulham's Marcus Bettinelli came over to shake his hand.
"He's shown many times that he is a great lad, great footballer and great worker".
The winger also picked up the Players' Player honour at Villa's recent end-of-season awards. "He stamped on Jack and right in front of me and they got away with that". The defender only ever appeared likely to return to the English top flight with Villa.
The 27-year-old latched on to a Ryan Sessegnon through ball to slide home early in the second half.
Despite only Matej Vydra (21) scoring more goals in the Championship this season than Lewis Grabban (20), the Villa striker's poor luck in the play-offs continued on Saturday.
For the Serbian Jokanović, after guiding Watford to promotion in 2014/15, this will be his first taste of the Championship playoff final. We need to be courageous, we need to make investment, we need to spend money to survive or to make a more important step.
And assuming he didn't, Fredericks must surely be in for a ban which will roll over into the Premier League next season.
- Ireland overwhelmingly votes to repeal abortion ban
- Meghan Markle has already changed the way we think about race
- Chris Paul gives Steph Curry the shimmy treatment
- Crude oil slips 36 cents after surge in U.S. crude inventories
- Rockets look to close out Warriors without Paul
- China’s License to Participate in 2018 RIMPAC Revoked by the Pentagon
- USA in 'productive talks' about reinstating June North Korea summit, says Trump
- North Korea still open to talks with the US
- Milwaukee police apologize for arrest, tasing of National Basketball Association player
- Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Threatens Crucial Israeli-Owned Power Plant