"And he did it".
Wilson, making his second Indy 500 start and only third career IndyCar Series start, was forced to surrender the lead, pitting for fuel with four laps remaining and handing the lead to Power.
He's done it: Will Power wins the Indy500. Sunday marks Power's first win in the race that included seven crashes. "I was wondering if I would ever win it".
"I just screamed like I've never screamed before".
Power - the 2014 IndyCar Series champion - was so excited about his victory, but he wisely chose to only have a sip of his celebratory bottle of milk.
After the anthem, she hugged her parents and sister and then got a long embrace from Rodgers.
However, previous year Patrick retired from NASCAR, finishing her tenure at the 2018 Daytona 500. One of her breakout moments came 13 years ago with a fourth-place finish at the 2005 Indy 500, and she regularly competed at the event through 2011. Overall, her only win in an IndyCar race came in 2008 in Japan.
Patrick said earlier this week she had no regrets about her career, and that she doesn't think she will have the itch to come back. "I wish I could have finished stronger". "I had all my people around me, so I was in good spirits".
In an Instagram post ahead of the race, Patrick called the day, "a chapter in the book". "But we had some good moments".
"It was definitely not the way that I wanted it to end", she said softly.
Afterward, Powers shared another reason why he didn't want to chug but still had a sip, joking: "I'm not supposed to eat dairy, but I didn't care". I feel like collapsing.
"I thought the guys' stops were great, the whole time, there was one out-lap where I caught a weird string of traffic, and that's all it takes".
It gave team owner Roger Penske a 17th win in the Indy 500 and it was Power's second straight victory this season.
Patrick was one of many big names to leave the track in frustration.
- Bale on bench for Real Madrid in Champions League final
- Former college football player shot helping stop IN shooter
- Andy Rubin selling Essential, stopping second phone work
- Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Threatens Crucial Israeli-Owned Power Plant
- Vegas Computer’s Score Prediction For Tonight’s Game 7
- Serena Williams to be unseeded at French Open
- Milwaukee police apologize for arrest, tasing of National Basketball Association player
- Aleksandar Mitrovic hints at Fulham stay after return to Premier League
- Max Verstappen - I can't explain series of mistakes
- Trump demands 'total transparency' from Justice Department about Federal Bureau of Investigation informant