"It was a very tough night, but I'm a fighter", he said after the defeat to Real Madrid. "I hope we can give the club and the supporters, and of course ourselves, the win over Real Madrid", said the Holland global.
As Egypt's star striker Mohamed Salah battles to recover in time for the FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russian Federation, a Kuwaiti preacher has said the injury is pehaps "God's punishment" because he broke his fast during Ramadan.
Liverpool coach Juergen Klopp said "anything is possible" but that Salah is doubtful for the World Cup.
Mohamed Salah faces a fight to play in any of Egypt's World Cup group games, according to one of Liverpool's physiotherapists.
"I think really important for us as players but also for the club, the supporters, I think for everyone".
The Spanish side's first goal came when Karim Benzema charged down an attempted throw-out by Karius, and the goalkeeper then allowed a long-range Gareth Bale shot to slip through his grasp for the third.
Egypt said on Twitter that team doctor Mohammed Abulela was in contact with Liverpool's medical team and had been told Salah sprained his shoulder ligaments - but Liverpool hasn't confirmed that.
Until the end of last week he was an honorary president of Egyptian club Al-Ahly and is understood to have close links to the federation in the North African country. He walked out of the field clutching onto his shoulder as questions about his World Cup appearance in Russian Federation became a topic if discussion. I know I let them down today. I may make mistakes and I might be right and I might be harsh in some of the terms I use.
"I didn't want to say that, but I'm not sorry either. I've won five, top scorer again, I can't be unhappy at that". And this implies that Russian Federation game for Salah at the St. Petersburg Stadium is where he will make his first appearance after injury.
- ABC Cancels 'Roseanne' After Racist Twitter Rant From Its Star
- Long shots: Odds against Cavs in NBA Finals against Warriors
- Egypt 'optimistic' Salah will play in World Cup
- Patrick's career comes to crashing end at Indy 500
- Subtropical Storm Alberto to make landfall on Florida Panhandle within hours
- Wounded Daniel Ricciardo wins Monaco Grand Prix as Brendon Hartley crashes out
- LeBron James prepares for most challenging Game 7 National Basketball Association
- Subtropical Storm Alberto makes landfall on Florida Panhandle
- Cleveland Cavaliers Beat Boston Celtics in Seven Games
- Parkland Parents Condemn Video Game That Lets You Play As School Shooter