The Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle will accompany the Queen next week on a visit Chester where her majesty will formally open the Storyhouse. Harry and his new bride, Meghan Markle, will be heading to Australia in October to be apart of the games and are expected to also spend some time in the country after.
Prince William married Kate on 29 April 2011, but it wasn't until 1 March 2012 - nearly a year after Kate married into the family - that she attended the Fortnum & Mason store with Her Majesty and without her husband. The engagement will establish that the Queen's new great-granddaughter-in-law is all set take up the royal responsibilities on her own.
Th Royal Train has been used since 1842 when Queen Victoria became the first British monarch to move around using the rail.
The royal duo will attend each of the opening ceremonies, followed by a luncheon at the Chester Town Hall.
While the former Suits actress has wowed crowds across the United Kingdom with Prince Harry by her side, the 36-year-old is set to embark on her first royal engagement without her new husband by her side.
A statement from Kensington Palace said: "When gifts are accepted, the consent of the Member of the Royal Family should be contingent upon the enterprise undertaking not to exploit the gift for commercial purposes".
- Djokovic, Thiem, Zverev and Wozniacki in 4th-round action
- 'Solid performance, Super Eagles' - Twitter hails Nigeria's display despite loss to England
- Facebook gave Apple, Microsoft and, er, BlackBerry 'deep access' to user data
- Trade deals off if U.S. moves ahead with tariffs: China
- How to watch WWDC 2018: Apple keynote livestream
- United States defense chief Jim Mattis rebukes Chinese 'intimidation' in South China Sea
- Trump pardoning himself 'unthinkable and would lead to impeachment', says Giuliani
- Nigeria test 'a decent exercise' for England - Southgate
- Donald Trump will 'transform' North Korea after Kim Jong-un letter
- Serena Williams Pulls Out of French Open Before Maria Sharapova Match