I was very sorry to read of Kate Spade's untimely passing, and hope her story serves as a reminder that sometimes, despite the support and love of people who care and their repeated attempts to get someone help, a person may still make the decision to forgo the pain they are experiencing with an act that can not be undone. In a police interview, Andy confirmed that he was the one who wanted to end the marriage, and Kate was holding on.
Her older sister, Reta Saffo, told The Kansas City Star (as well as the Daily News) Spade had been suffering from mental illnesses for the last three to four years.
Kanye West is certainly at a cross-section in his career where finding a balance between relative calm and his frenetic creative spurts.
On Tuesday afternoon, the fashion world was rocked by the sudden and tragic loss of Kate Spade.
"Debuting with just six silhouettes, she combined sleek, utilitarian shapes and colorful palettes in an entirely new way", the site says.
Spade's family confirmed her death in a statement to The New York Times.
Coach, now known as Tapestry, bought the Kate Spade brand past year for $2.4 billion, seeking to broaden its appeal. Alongside the bright bags, she also designed luxury shoes, sunglasses and accessories.
'He has 100% lost his soulmate and is only focused on his daughter right now, ' they said. The designer left a suicide note addressed to her 13-year-old daughter, telling her it was not her fault. I will forever fondly think of Kate, college, and my sisters when I see that Phoebe bag. "And then Valentine was my mom's dad's middle name because he was born on Valentine's day", she told WWD in November 2015 of how she named the brand. "She was definitely anxious about what people would say if they found out". Kate was building Frances Valentine until her untimely death at age 55. We were in touch with her the night before and she sounded happy.
If you or someone you know is in emotional distress or considering suicide, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
- Egypt Announce Final World Cup Squad, Cut Six!
- Miss America Pageant Ends Swimsuit Competition
- Next NBA champion won't visit the White House, LeBron James says
- I have 'absolute right' to pardon myself
- Duchess of Sussex to be 'guided into royal life' by the Queen
- What to Watch for in California's Wild Primaries
- Microsoft acquires GitHub for $7.5 billion
- Leroy Sane left out of Germany's 2018 World Cup squad
- Facebook ‘not aware of any abuse’ of data by phone makers
- Facebook gave Apple, Microsoft and, er, BlackBerry 'deep access' to user data