"I know no matter who wins this series, no one wants the invite anyway", James, whose Cavaliers trail the best-of-seven NBA Finals 2-0, told reporters in Cleveland on Tuesday during an off-day of the NBA Finals.
LeBron also stated that neither the Cavs nor Warriors would go to the White House following this year's National Basketball Association championship, prompting Golden State point guard Stephen Curry to agree. Pretty sure the way we handled things past year, we'd stay consistent with that.
Both spoke a day after Trump revoked an invitation to the National Football League champion Philadelphia Eagles to visit the White House amid reports fewer than 10 players would take part in the traditional trip to celebrate a major United States sports crown.
The Warriors are halfway there, holding a 2-0 lead against the underdog Cavs as the series shifts to Cleveland for Game 3 on Wednesday.
The Golden State Warriors are on familiar ground coming into Game 3 of the NBA Finals.
The cover notoriously sports only James' face, as 2K is obviously unwilling to go through last year's process of updating the cover a week prior to its release, forced to switch Irving's Cavaliers jersey into a Celtics one. "I don't think I'm the problem that they want, though, might want to pick another battle".
Trump rescinded the Eagles' invitation to the White House on Monday after learning that numerous players did not plan on attending. "I want to be part of leading that charge and play an awesome game to really take control of the series".
LeBron James laughed as he came around the backstage partition after arriving fashionably late for his crowded, post-practice news conference. "We're used to the dynamic of being ahead in a series and then having everything shift when you go on the road - especially when you play Cleveland".
Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said the team understands the series will be a short one if they can not win in Cleveland.
Kerr added that he was not surprised by Trump's rescinding of the invitation to the Eagles.
"You have to understand that what players have protested is not the military", Kerr said. "We have an opportunity to come home and protect home, as Golden State has done".
- Telegram app says Apple is blocking updates over dispute with Russian Federation
- Rumored Apple initiative to curb smartphone use sounds just like Google’s
- Asus' upcoming 'ROG Balteus' mousepad will contain Qi wireless charging tech
- Psychiatrist in JonBenét Ramsey case among four people killed in Arizona
- Miss America Pageant Ends Swimsuit Competition
- Sessions: DOJ Is 'Pleased' At Supreme Court's 'Masterpiece Cakeshop' Ruling
- Syrian leader to meet Kim in Pyongyang, claims N. Korea
- Egypt Announce Final World Cup Squad, Cut Six!
- MacOS Mojave unveiled at Apple's WWDC 2018 event
- Kate Spade, designer who built handbag empire, found dead