Plastic pledge is rubbishTuesday, June 5: Greenpeace warns that today's announcement of the "Beat Plastic Pollution" declaration is an industry-led false solution for tackling the scourge of plastic pollution in our oceans.
Twelve local and global companies signed a declaration in Auckland on Tuesday, World Environmental Day, to move to reusable, recyclable or compostable plastics by 2025.
Sonu Sood: It's so important for every individual to work together for the betterment of our future generations. Common environmental issues include air and water pollution, loss of biodiversity and climate change.
Shot by Thirumalai Ganesh Sheerapathi, his thought-provoking image titled "Planet or Plastic" shows a young child lifting a wave as it laps the shoreline, revealing plastic bottles underneath. Indeed, it is estimated that a total of 500 billion plastic bags are used every year around the world and that 13 million tons of plastic leak into the ocean, including the plastic bags that we use and throw every day.
Modi also took to Twitter to greet the people.
Fahmy said during the celebrations of the World Environment Day that bags made of recycled fabric are a better alternative for plastic, adding that plastic bags will no longer be available for free.
Deeply moved with these shocking figures, the United Nations Environment is concentrating on its ambitious goal named 'Beat Plastic Pollution'. This theme requires all of us to consider and change our lifestyle towards reducing plastic pollution in our country, especially from "single use plastics".
"Targeted levies and bans - where properly planned and enforced - have been among the most effective strategies to limit overuse of disposable plastic products", the report said. Pandya went on to say: "It is unfortunate that the state's environment minister himself is trying to protect plastic manufacturing units, which produce banned category of plastic".
Coming to B-town, Alia Bhatt is one step closer towards purging plastic from her life.
"They are easily available, cheap and light and this has constituted a public menace because plastic pollutes the environment from the time they are manufactured till their final disposal".
This leaves only landfill, oceans and waterways as the resting place for the world's plastic trash, where it takes thousands of years to decompose.
- Hands-on with the new Home app & HomeKit Siri control on macOS 10.14
- Trump Signed the Mission Act. Now the Real Work Begins
- Designer Kate Spade dead at 55
- Rose tells family to miss WC amid racism fears
- MacOS Mojave brings dark mode, better privacy, and more iOS ideas
- Cecchinato enjoys life-changing moment at French Open
- Billionaire conservative United States donor David Koch retires
- Could California Shape The Fate Of The Affordable Care Act In November?
- Kate Spade, designer who built handbag empire, found dead
- Kate Spade items fly off virtual thrift shop shelves after designer's death