Anthony Bourdain featured Seattle on his shows twice in recent years, to explore a city he called a "strange and attractive place".
Television networks, viewers, readers and restauranteurs are paying tribute to Anthony Bourdain this weekend, one day after he was found dead in a hotel room in France.
Bourdain's death happened after fashion designer Kate Spade hanged herself in an apparent suicide at her Manhattan apartment on Tuesday. CNN has since confirmed that Bourdain took his own life. "We'll miss him", Obama wrote on Twitter, accompanying the photo, taken by his White House photographer Pete Souza. "Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly hard time", said the statement released by CNN.
Bourdain was staying at Le Chambard, a luxury hotel in Kayersberg, near where he was filming an episode of his CNN show.
"He is absolutely the last person in the world I would have ever dreamed would do something like this", Gladys Bourdain, who was a longtime editor at The New York Times, said.
"When you've seen what I've seen on a regular basis it changes your world view", he said.
Argento was one of first few actresses who accused Weinstein of sexual assault, opening the floodgates to such complaints from many other actresses. "It's a shame I have to live with", he said. He inspired an entire generation of foodies, chefs and travellers.
Rose McGowan breaks down in a video tribute she left for her friend Anthony Bourdain.
"Thoughts and love to all his family and close friends xxxxxxxxxxx".
"But certainly, you know, the pain he must have been feeling, at least in that moment or in those moments, and the loneliness he must've been feeling - it's just terribly sad to think about".
The concept was that I had gone off the rails and was living in a one room apartment with about 100 cats and now spent my days yelling at a TV playing our old network.
- Designer Kate Spade dead at 55
- Muguruza thrashes Sharapova to reach French Open semi-finals
- Cecchinato enjoys life-changing moment at French Open
- ZTE to pay $1B penalty in deal with US Commerce Department
- 'Building blocks of life' found on Mars
- United States strikes ZTE deal, commerce secretary announces, but congressional critics object
- Could California Shape The Fate Of The Affordable Care Act In November?
- Trump Signed the Mission Act. Now the Real Work Begins
- MacOS Mojave brings dark mode, better privacy, and more iOS ideas
- "Volcano of Fire" kills 69 people in Guatemala