Is this the real Assassin's Creed Odyssey story synopsis? The company first teased the game in late May with a brief teaser, one it has expanded up on with a longer two minute trailer and all the details we'd expect.
It's interesting, because the plot doesn't sound like anything else Assassin's Creed that we've seen before, and it seems like it'll be quite different story-wise to anything else in the series.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey launches for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on 5th October 2018, and you can take a first proper look at the game in the trailers below. The open-world title will feature both PvE and PvP play alongside a full narrative campaign. At Ubisoft's E3 2018 conference we got confimation of all this, though, and it's official info now.
In addition, Assassin's Creed Odyssey will have dialogue options. There will be unspecified "enhancements" for the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro versions.
After an initial leak revealed the next entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise, yet another leak reportedly confirms more details about Assassin's Creed Odyssey, hinting at much greater player choice than before. New features include customizable gear that you can upgrade as you level and an ability system that is connected to the spear and how you use the spear in combat.
Moving closer to the Ubisoft E3 2018 conference we find The Crew 2. You'll be able to play the whole game as Alexios or Kassandra, the grandchild of the mighty Leonidas. It's been in development for three years at Ubisoft Quebec, and you've gotta say Odyssey is a pretty gutsy name for a game about Greece.
E3 2018 coverage at Giant Bomb: Still more commentary and news from E3, from our colleagues at Giant Bomb.
- White House Economic Adviser: Canada's Trudeau 'Stabbed Us In The Back'
- Microsoft and Sony are having huge sales for E3
- Porsche's first electric car will be called the Taycan
- Bethesda announces TES 6 at E3
- Trump slams Trudeau, says U.S. won’t endorse G7 communique
- Twitter reacts to news of Anthony Bourdain’s death
- Trump keeps G7 attendance short at tense summit
- How to help fight plastic pollution for World Environment Day
- China praises ‘unity’ of security bloc led with Russian Federation
- Chef Anthony Bourdain Has Died Aged 61