Take the WND Poll! Trudeau's office, in turn, said what the Canadian leader said on Saturday was nothing new.
White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow and trade adviser Peter Navarro drove the message home in an extraordinary assault on a close U.S. ally and neighbour.
"He followed up by asking why the USA should "allow countries to continue to make "massive trade surpluses", asserting that it is "not fair to the people of America" and that the U.S. is suffering under a "$800 billion trade deficit". "He did a great disservice to the whole G7", Kudlow said.
Bruce Heyman, the former U.S. Ambassador to Canada, on Monday slammed Donald Trump's treatment of Justin Trudeau, and Canada in general, demanding the president apologize for his surrogate's claim there's a "special place in hell" for people like the Canadian prime minister. "I'm unconcerned about our capacity to continue to do what we need to do". "Canadians - we're polite, we're reasonable - but we also will not be pushed around".
"Just when we thought it couldn't get worse", Nicholas Burns, US ambassador to North Atlantic Treaty Organisation in the George W. Bush administration, said on Twitter after Kudlow's appearance on CNN.
Trump had earlier called Trudeau's statement as "dishonest and weak".
"I can't believe this has to be said, but Justin Trudeau obviously didn't have a "fake eyebrow" falling off during his press conference with Emmanuel Macron", the reporter tweeted.
But the tension between traditional Republican orthodoxy on trade and foreign policy is being tested and so far very few Republicans appear ready to confront Trump.
Navarro added that while these were his own words, they reflected the "the sentiment that was on Air Force One".
After comments Sunday by Kudlow and White House trade adviser Peter Navarro, Canada's foreign affairs minister said Ottawa "does not conduct its diplomacy through ad hominum attacks" and was justified in responding to Trump's tariffs.
Tom Tugendhat a Conservative MP for Tonbridge and Malling said: "What is slightly surprising when you see this is that there is this idea that there is a security risk with Canada". "He was even willing to sign that socialist communique".
He went on to blast White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow for his freaky claim suggesting the success or failure of the Singapore summit between Trump and North Korea leader rests with Trudeau. -Canada ties but not talking about Canada's tariffs on dairy, which he says are "killing" American agriculture.
- En route to Singapore, Trump launches a ferocious attack against Trudeau on Twitter, calling his behaviour during G7 meetings "meek and mild" and accusing him of making "false statements" at his press conference.
On Saturday, Trump reiterated his belief that the U.S.is being taken advantage of by its trading partners and vowed to put a stop to it. Does he wear the makeup in the family?
"I would hope that he would reflect on what his closest allies are saying". He has to wear more makeup than his wife.
Twitter conspiracy theorists have gone into a meltdown over them, with many replacing cries of "Fake News" with 'Fake Brows'.
- President Trump Grants Clemency to Alice Johnson After Kim Kardashian Meeting
- Witness saw gator drag woman into Florida lake
- How to get help for someone who might be suicidal
- E3 2018: Anthem Full Reveal, Gameplay Footage, and Release Date
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Kim summit: South Koreans hold little hope of success
- Royal newly-weds to visit Tonga
- Trump trade beef with Canada: Former Canadian prime minister weighs in
- Bethesda announces TES 6 at E3
- Sandra Bullock on Bonding with All-Female 'Ocean's 8' Cast