"The video was created by the NSC to help the President demonstrate the benefits of complete denuclearization, and a vision of a peaceful and prosperous Korean Peninsula", Garrett Marquis, a NSC spokesman, said in a statement.
Trump was asked by a reporter if Kim agreed to denuclearize and he said, "We are starting that process very quickly".
[Kirby] also remarked on the "terrible situation in relation to food" and the "fact that, on figures that North Korea itself acknowledges, 27% of babies are born stunted". The two leaders and their translators will be the only ones attending their meeting, which might present an additional complication to their diplomacy.
And on the eve of the meeting, aides for both men were still scrambling to narrow yawning differences.
In the press conference, Trump says that he got Jong-un to watch it on a cassette, er...
The four-minute-long trailer, as shown by The Guardian, portrays Trump and Kim as heroes. As they entered, Trump injected some levity to the day's extraordinary events, saying: "Getting a good picture everybody?"
The North Korean leader and Trump appeared nervous when they sat down according to a body language expert.
The President walked over to the huge armored Cadillac - which has a wealth of top secret features - with Kim by his side after they finished bipartisan talks and a working lunch.
The North has faced crippling diplomatic and economic sanctions as it has advanced development of its nuclear and ballistic missile programs.
Singapore Summit news hub is now active on the AP News site and the mobile app. Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner said Pence told them small-scale exercises would continue, but "war games will not".
- North Korean media report Donald Trump to visit NKorea
- The 7 biggest announcements from the first two days of E3 2018
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Pancakes to burgers: IHOP suffers backlash in name change
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- Rafael Nadal demolishes Dominic Thiem on Paris clay
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Trump says everyone was actually very friendly in G7 viral photo
- North Korea: US will offer 'unique' security guarantees, says Pompeo
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager