"His displays in Serie A and the Champions League show he has the talent to thrive on the global stage but maybe he has been fazed by playing alongside Lionel Messi".
After all, he's the reason why they qualified for the World Cup.
Argentina have not won the World Cup since 1986 and have lost their last three major finals, two Copa America (2015, 2016) and the 2014 World Cup.
In this Monday Oct. 9, 2017 filer, Iceland's captain Aron Gunnarsson celebrates at the end of the World Cup Group I qualifying soccer match between Iceland and Kosovo in Reykjavik, Iceland.
With football's megastars reaching the final phases of their illustrious careers and seemingly facing their last shot to join the likes of Pele, Diego Maradona and Zinedine Zidane in lifting the sport's most coveted prize, expect the two greats to give their all in a bid to win the damn thing once and for all.
"This is going to be bigger than the Euros but I think we will know more what's going to happen now that we didn't know in France".
It can also be argued that defenders in the golden era were not as technically gifted as the defenders today and that makes it more hard for a player with silky skills such as Messi to shine through.
"If the players all believe the same then we can be contenders".
"I was lucky to play against him when I was in Spain".
If Argentina can get Paulo Dybala and Lionel Messi on the same page, they're a unsafe team to beat.
Injury robbed them of their first-choice goalkeeper, Manchester United's Sergio Romero, and there was another setback when Manuel Lanzini, the West Ham United forward, was ruled out of the tournament after rupturing a cruciate knee ligament.
The family has also made elaborate plans for Messi's birthday which will fall during the World Cup on June 24.
- United US-Canada-Mexico Bid Chosen To Host 2026 FIFA World Cup
- Everything Ubisoft announced at its E3 2018 press briefing
- Banned former Federation Internationale de Football Association president Sepp Blatter to attend World Cup in Russia
- Trump Does Not Care if Great-7 Turns Small
- Trump confused by Trudeau's 'pushed around' comment: 'We just shook hands!'
- North Korea: US will offer 'unique' security guarantees, says Pompeo
- Supreme Court allows OH , other state voter purges
- North Korean media report Donald Trump to visit NKorea
- Harry and Meghan's first overseas tour revealed
- North Korea Poses No Nuclear Threat, Despite Weapons