But fortunately it later appeared Meghan did the right thing by going in first, with the confusion being cleared up by Etiquette coach William Hanson.
At one point, Meghan also seemed uncertain about what to do with her clutch purse, and ended up placing it on the floor.
Lucas told MailOnline FEMAIL: 'Meghan has opted for a neutral colour once again.
Meghan accompanied Liz Thursday on several engagements near Liverpool.
The pair have been out in Cheshire for their first joint Royal engagement today, but it was long before royal protocol was broken.
The Royal family at the Trooping the Colours
But all along, Scobie had a strong feeling Meghan and Harry would honeymoon in Africa.
Speaking to BBC News, she added: "The role that she's taken on is very austere, it's very serious and I think there's a great weight that she has acquired through that and she takes it very seriously".
Redmond joked he should have asked Meghan if she wanted a part in his soap Hollyoaks. "The caped shoulders restricted her arms and she lost some of her more natural movements".
Because the person who has been working with Meghan on outfits as she embarks on her new royal life has been none other than Prince Harry.
And she even paid tribute to Diana on her wedding day.
British designer Stella McCartney appears at the end of her Fall/Winter 2017-2018 women's ready-to-wear collection show during the Paris Fashion Week, in Paris, France March 6, 2017.
- Kim's night out: North Korea leader visits Singapore attractions
- Justify will race again after Triple Crown victory
- North Korean media report Donald Trump to visit NKorea
- Trump's `cultlike' grip on party keeps most members in line
- White House trade adviser apologizes for inappropriate comments on Canadian PM
- 'Wonder Woman' Sequel Shares Title and a Look at Chris Pine's Return
- Iran warns North Korea of the U.S
- Trump Does Not Care if Great-7 Turns Small
- Everything Ubisoft announced at its E3 2018 press briefing
- Royal newly-weds to visit Tonga