"I can nearly 100 percent say he will play, save for any unforeseen factors at the last minute", Cuper told ESPN and other reporters during a news conference.
Egypt next plays Russian Federation in St. Petersburg on Tuesday, giving Salah four more days to work on his fitness, while Uruguay take on Saudi Arabia in Rostov on Wednesday.
Liverpool's Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah (2nd L) is comforted by team members as he leaves the pitch after injury during the UEFA Champions League final football match between Liverpool and Real Madrid at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev, Ukraine on May 26, 2018. "We always know we're running a risk when playing a match, that's something we can't hide [from]".
While Egypt may not be realistically aiming to win the entire thing, there will be a sense among their fans that progress from the group should be the minimum, but can Uruguay really measure their credentials and their own agenda against them?
Uruguay's forward Luis Suarez (left) and Uruguay's forward Edinson Cavani react after the former missed a chance during their Russian Federation 2018 World Cup Group A match against Egypt at the Ekaterinburg Arena in Ekaterinburg on June 15, 2018. The work we do all the time is precisely to make our players understand that they have to work harder.
"We'll see how it goes today [Thursday]".
With Egypt settling for a bore 0-0 draw against Ireland before losing 1-0 to England to suffer a first-round exit at the 1990 Italy finals, the stage was set for the former midfielder to boast about the solitary goal for years and years. "We either die or we kill, we have to keep progressing", he said after a result that improved Uruguay's already strong chances of advancing to the last-16 stage from Group A which also includes hosts Russian Federation and Saudi Arabia.
What time does the World Cup Egypt vs Uruguay match begin? Here are a few things we can look forward to in this second match of Group A...
Cuper is known to be a conservative manager, but he may need to crank up the offense if Suarez and Cavani catch them early.
Salah was a major doubt for the World Cup after coming off injured in Kiev.
- Net Neutrality Rules Roll Back
- Meghan and the Queen have first Harry-free royal adventure together
- ‘I took bullets’: Weepy Dennis Rodman claims credit for Trump-Kim summit
- World Cup odds and matchups for opening week of action
- 'I certainly wouldn't sign' House GOP immigration compromise
- Woods blames putting for US Open misery
- North Korea Poses No Nuclear Threat, Despite Weapons
- Trump confused by Trudeau's 'pushed around' comment: 'We just shook hands!'
- EU, UN urge Italy, Malta to let in drifting migrant ship
- DPRK, US leaders hold historic meeting in Singapore