Following the historic summit with top DPRK leader Kim Jong Un, Trump said in Singapore Tuesday that he would stop the USA war games with South Korea as it is inappropriate to stage such "provocative" military drills under the situations he and Kim reached a comprehensive deal. "Maybe I'll have to take an unannounced trip down to see them?" he said.
The comment created a stir, but when asked about it later, Trump said he hadn't meant the comment to be taken seriously.
"I don't want to see a nuclear weapon destroy you and your family".
Trump said he told Kim he would like to get the American remains being held in North Korea.
Mr Trump had been answering a question about whether Mr Kim might some day visit the White House.
While some Democrats on the Senate committee in particular expressed concern about the lack of specifics from Trump about the North Korean talks, the hearing was largely positive. "He saluted me and I saluted him back". They may also discuss efforts to recover the remains of soldiers missing and presumed dead from the 1950-53 Korean War. "He speaks and his people sit up in attention".
"If you don't agree to meet, you know what you will have?" During a Tuesday interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity, Trump said Kim's "got a very good personality, he's amusing, and he's very, very smart". "I want my people to do the same", he said.
The U.S. offered certain security assurances, including the suspension of joint military exercises with South Korea, in exchange for a commitment from Kim to the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
Trump also said meeting with Kim was important. If we did, millions of people would have been killed, ' Trump said.
South Korea's Ministry of Unification gave the green light for students at Seoul National University to contact North Korean counterparts, according to students at the institution, the Yonhap news agency said.
"President Obama lost Crimea, just so you understand".
The New York Times reported previous year that he grumbled in a June 2017 meeting that the 15,000 Haitians who had entered the U.S. in the preceding months "all have AIDS" and that the 40,000 Nigerians would never "go back to their huts" in Africa. Of course, I met. Meeting is a good thing, not a bad thing.
- World Cup odds and matchups for opening week of action
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- White House trade adviser apologizes for inappropriate comments on Canadian PM
- Justify will race again after Triple Crown victory
- Argentina training to combat Iceland's 6 cm average height advantage in opener
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Vivo debut first 'zero-bezel' smartphone
- [US-NK Summit] Timeline for Trump-Kim summit
- New York sues Trump for 'illegal conduct' at family foundation
- DPRK, US leaders hold historic meeting in Singapore