YouTube tweeted, "Starting today, we're updating the YouTube mobile app with features that help everyone understand their tech usage, disconnect when needed, and create healthy habits".
With YouTube Music, you have free and paid tiers.
The video streaming company said it will also launch YouTube Premium, the revamped YouTube Red subscription service. For now, you'll receive both YouTube Music Premium and Google Play Music with a subscription.
This new music streaming service is set to launch 22 May, with the US, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and South Korea getting the platform first and other countries, including the United Kingdom, set to get it in the "coming weeks". In addition to everything included in the free version of YouTube Music, YouTube Music Premium enables background listening and downloads.
You'll no longer have access to the full YouTube Red experience because of this update. The company unveiled two new products, including YouTube Music and YouTube Premium, that will get you access to plenty of ad-free content, including YouTube originals.
While most people are either team Spotify, team Tidal, or Team Apple Music, there are a number of people out there finding ways to exclusively listen to music while on the move via YouTube. A further 14 countries will join "in the coming weeks".
The advantage of building a music service around YouTube is that it has content that other services don't have.
Google Play Music - which launched in 2011 with little success - will eventually be discontinued, with no end date as yet revealed.
Current subscribers to Google Play Music and YouTube Red will continue to pay $9.99 monthly, but new subscribers signing up for the service will pay $11.99. Subscribers to Play Music will also get a YouTube Music premium subscription.
- Germany's Joshua Kimmich lashes out at teammates after shambolic defeat against Mexico
- Messi, Argentina flop in opener
- Former Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort is going to jail
- Elizabeth Holmes, Theranos founder, charged
- Mexico upsets World Cup champion Germany 1-0
- President Trump announces formation of Space Force
- Russian Federation thrash Saudi Arabia to launch World Cup in style
- Australia coach Bert van Marwijk: Referee 'didn't know' about VAR call
- What Meghan's dad made Prince Harry promise before he blessed their marriage
- Kamala Harris calls on Nielsen to resign over family separation policy