MF Idrissa Gueye, 8 - His speculative effort deflected in off Thiago Cionek for Africa's first goal from open play of this tournament so far, although he also kept Poland at bay by forging a magnificent midfield partnership with Alfred N'Diaye.
Poland enjoyed plenty of the ball in the first half, but Robert Lewandowski was given very little service up front after several promising attacks down the left.
Our recommended way to watch the Poland vs Senegal World Cup game online live streaming without cable is via Hulu Live TV with complete World Cup coverage. Cissé captained the side that progressed so well back in 2002, and also oversaw an undefeated qualification campaign to Russian Federation.
Poland are unbeaten in their three games against African opposition at the World Cup (W1 D2).
It was the always-dangerous Niang who was at the heart of Senegal's opening goal. "We were in possession, I'm convinced they didn't see the player coming off the sidelines", he said.
Unlike some of the ofter African teams at this tournament, Senegal played to their strengths. And how they missed Monaco's Kamil Glik in defence.
This will be the first ever encounter between Poland and Senegal. After going 2-0 up, Senegal switched to a back five and forced Poland backwards anytime they had the ball by closing them down quickly especially when they approached Senegal's defensive third. Szczesny rushed out of his area to collect the pass but Niang stole in to score to Polish disbelief. Lewandowski steps up to take the free-kick which is in a central position, around 25 yards out. he curls it up and over the wall but N'Diaye is at full stretch to push it behind for a corner.
The contest had been set up as a battle between two players who occupy the tier of talent just below the holy trinity of Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo: Poland's captain and talisman Robert Lewandowski and Senegal's main man, Sadio Mane. He tries to pass the ball back to Szczesny from near enough the half-way line but he doesn't get enough on it!
Niang had just returned to the pitch after consulting tactics with the coaching staff but the forward capitalised by getting between the two Poland players, flicking the ball towards goal and tapping into the net from close range.
A meaty Grzegorz Krychowiak header late on gave Poland a chance of a draw but they did not really deserve it and Senegal comfortably closed out the game. Constantly caused problems for Poland with his smart and astute passing forward, and was involved in much of what was good about the Lions' play.
- Ex- film director Iceland goalkeeper explains how he saved Messi's penalty
- Australia coach Bert van Marwijk: Referee 'didn't know' about VAR call
- Sarah Sanders pressed on IG report, family separation at border
- Former Trump aide ordered to jail after bail revoked
- Next Move Is Trump's After China Hits Back in Trade-War Opener
- Melania Trump ‘Hates to See Children Separated’ at Border, Spox Says
- Salah not in Egypt starting line-up for Uruguay match
- Germany's Joshua Kimmich lashes out at teammates after shambolic defeat against Mexico
- What Meghan's dad made Prince Harry promise before he blessed their marriage
- Mexico upsets World Cup champion Germany 1-0