The Spaniards went into the game with the pressure on, knowing Portugal had beaten Morocco 1-0 in Moscow earlier in the day to move clear at the top of Group B.
"Diego is really, really committed". He was indeed the standout player on the pitch in the first-half, making 43 passes with a 93 per cent accuracy rate and registering, surprisingly, five shots on goal.
"Carlos is an awesome coach". Both the teams have been trying to find an opening through the defence, as the Spanish desperately need to win this match and Iranians having won their previous fixture will be content with a draw. We all know it's tough to play them.
Just how hard Wednesday's game will be for Morocco can be gauged by their coach Herve Renard own statements.
"It is very hard to score against them". Spain now face Morocco, who are eliminated from the tournament after losing to Portugal on Wednesday, in the third and final game of the group stage.
Real Madrid's Carvajal, who has recovered from a hamstring injury suffered in the Champions League final win over Liverpool, replaces Nacho at right-back for the Group B clash in Kazan. "There are 32 brilliant teams here". There is no doubt Spain play wonderful, stylish football but I thought we deserved a better result.
Costa, who scored twice against Portugal, has three goals at this year's World Cup, trailing Cristiano Ronaldo by one.
Queiroz added: "We showed tremendous fighting spirit against a favourite to win the World Cup".
"People gave us no chance, but we still have chances to qualify for the second round. We only have one thing in mind".
What's the one thing you don't want to do when representing your country on an worldwide level in a sport you love in front of dozens of television cameras?
Iran played toe-to-toe with Spain and deserved more from the match, but Spain's central defense made some important stops, got the victor in the second half and held on to move into a tie for first place with Portugal in Group B.
"The other continents are struggling".
- Taliban and Afghans hug and take selfies during unprecedented ceasefire
- Former Trump aide ordered to jail after bail revoked
- England make world record ODI cricket score against Australia
- YouTube Music streaming service goes official, starts May 22
- Last gasp England win breaks 2018 TV record
- Zendaya Stuns in Second Red-Hot Look at MTV Movie & TV Awards 2018!
- Nikki Haley: US will lead on human rights outside 'misnamed' UN council
- Unapologetic Trump digs in on immigration
- Intelligence Report Says Trump 'Retreated' From North Korea Deal
- Britain's May pledges US$26.6 billion extra for healthcare post-Brexit