In an offseason that will be filled with plenty of unknowns, it seems as the Cavaliers aren't actively shopping the All-Star forward ahead of Thursday night's NBA Draft, according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin.
Vardon also wrote that the Cavs won't know James' future plans when the draft tips off Thursday night, which isn't a surprise but is nonetheless significant. Their pick is likely locked on Arizona center Deandre Ayton.
Which team will LeBron James play for next season?
Still, the possibility is there should the right opportunity present itself.
All of this makes sense, as my source said, the chances LeBron could actually be convinced to go to LA are low due to the high amount of things that would have to happen.
The LeBron sweepstakes are getting interesting, and no one knows where the four time MVP will play next season. Cleveland has the eighth overall pick, and it's a decision the team will have to make without knowing LeBron James' next move.
James is being linked to teams who might be better equipped to build a contender to challenge the Golden State Warriors, but has given no indication where he might be headed next. Love, 29, has two years and almost $50 million left on his contract.
ESPN's Ian Begley noted that the Cavs would need to trade for a point guard, addressing the dire needs this team had during this year's NBA Finals - making Charlotte Hornets All-Star point guard Kemba Walker the flawless target.
All of the above makes it nearly impossible to envision the Cavs being able to swing a trade for disgruntled San Antonio Spurs star Kawhi Leonard. He can hit free agency this summer if he declines the player option on his contract with the Cavaliers.
Cleveland also has the option of drafting a player and trading him after 30 days, like it did with Andrew Wiggins in 2014 to acquire Kevin Love. "People have been saying that for the past four years".
'You can't be thinking how this pick will impact what James is going to do'.
As the conversation came to an end, my source gave me information on LeBron's ultimate end game with the Cavaliers. "Somebody close to him said to me, 'He is as focused on recruiting LeBron as anything he's done in this league".
- Canadian senate clears cannabis legalisation
- Last gasp England win breaks 2018 TV record
- Germany's Joshua Kimmich lashes out at teammates after shambolic defeat against Mexico
- World Health Organisation Classifies Gaming Addiction as a Mental Health Disorder
- Pentagon suspends Korea ‘war game’ planning for August
- Unapologetic Trump digs in on immigration
- What's Behind Family Separation at the Border?: Question and Answer
- 'You're a parent': Reporter presses Sarah Huckabee Sanders on immigration
- England make world record ODI cricket score against Australia
- Lucky Spain top Group B after win against Iran