On Thursday the Trump administration partially walked back their highly controversial family separation policy, but many families remain separated and public opprobrium for Trump officials continues with no end in sight.
Tuesday night, protesters booed and shouted at Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen as she dined at a Mexican restaurant in Washington, DC.
However, others compared the restaurant's decision to a recent Supreme Court ruling in favour of a baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple, in a case seen by many conservatives as a test for religious freedom.
Restaurant manager Stephanie Wilkinson told The Washington Post she received a call from her chef around 8 p.m. that the staff was concerned after Sanders arrived with her husband and six others in the 26-seat restaurant. "And appetizers are "small plates for small minds".
They said that it was discriminatory.
Tell us how you feel about this incident in the comments section below.
Asked if she would do the same thing again, Ms Wilkinson said "absolutely, yes". The next day, however, she Tweeted about her experience at The Red Hen, and the restaurant was immediately inundated with a flood of angry feedback and negative reviews. To Red Hen, I have so much to say about the chokehold liberals have on America with their hate and anger and that they know no shame but for now: Hahahaha!
At one point in a video, Nielsen appears to avoid protesters by lowering her head and typing on her cellphone as a crowd swarms near her table chanting: "If kids can't eat in peace, you can't in peace".
Another person countered this with a glowing five-star review, saying: "Thank you for having the courage of your convictions".
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Panama defender Cummings fires warning to England
- France coach Didier Deschamps hails match-winner Kylian Mbappe
- Trump supporters steadfast despite the immigration uproar
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Bolton to Visit Moscow, Plan Possible Trump-Putin Meeting
- Trump threatens 20 percent tariffs on EU cars
- Adrian Wojnarowski Doesn’t Care About ESPN’s NBA Draft Twitter Rules