- NYC PBA (@NYCPBA) June 24, 2018INTERIM UPDATE: We have made arrests regarding the murder of 15-yr-old Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz.
Police have made arrests in connection with last week's fatal stabbing of a 15-year-old boy outside a Bronx bodega.
In a statement to the newspaper, a spokesperson confirmed the mayor would reach reach out to the family at some point "soon". "They dragged him from the store like a dog", Guzman-Feliz's 17-year-old sister, Genesis Collado-Feliz told the New York Post.
On Wednesday night, Junior was just a few steps from home when he was beset by a group of what police called gang members, who stabbed him with knives and a machete, cops said.
Guzman-Feliz eventually died of his injuries. "They treated my son like he was a delinquent like they didn't know him", the teen's mother said.
"I have not heard from them".
At least 5 suspects are in custody in connection to the brutal murder of a 15-year-old Bronx teen.
Police pulled the video surveillance footage from inside the bodega which shows the suspects. At the time, NY authorities said charges are pending against the four other suspects they have in custody. Chief Shea believes people became "disgusted by what they saw" and chose to bring justice to Junior and his family.
Alvarez, who was scheduled to be arraigned today, turned himself in to NY police this weekend and has been charged with murder in the second degree, manslaughter, gang assault and assault, according to the NYPD.
After the slaying, the leader of the Trinitarios street gang allegedly spoke out to agree with investigators probing the case, saying that it really was a case of mistaken identity.
Trinitarios reportedly formed on Rikers Island and is known as the United States' "largest Dominican gang".
The two-minute Snapchat video apology also explained that the Trintario gang members who murdered the teen had been kicked out of the gang.
Guzman-Feliz's family say people have been sending in tips from all over the country.
- Saudi-led coalition storms Yemen's Hudaida airport compound
- Supreme Court rules states can collect sales tax for online purchases nationwide
- Bavarians offer respite in migrant plan row with Merkel
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- LeBron James has averaged 9.5 days to make free agency decisions
- England's Kyle Walker says VAR a 'cloudy situation' at World Cup
- US Announces Plans to Reunite Migrant Children with Parents
- Oil prices spike sharply after OPEC fails to deliver