Germany, who lost their opener in Russian Federation to Mexico, need to beat South Korea by a two-goal margin to be sure of reaching the last 16. It would be easier to say football won in the end but the victor was clearly Germany.
"We assume that they will also bet on counter-attacking and want to be defensive, tight and secure".
He kept Germany alive in the World Cup and established himself as the undisputed leader of the team at a time when others of his generation had failed to do so.
Mexico leads the group with six points from two wins and a goal difference of +2.
At Sweden's training session on Sunday, Durmaz, who is of Turkish descent, read out a statement on his cell phone as his teammates stood in unison behind him. "It is completely unacceptable".
"It's nothing I'm bothered about", Durmaz said. I will never let any racists destroy that pride.
Timo Werner of Germany gets fouled by Jimmmy Durmaz of Sweden ahead of Germany's second goal during the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia group F match between Germany and Sweden at Fisht Stadium on June 23, 2018 in Sochi, Russia. "It's going to be extremely hard to stop us from advancing out of the group", he said.
- Sweden have not defeated a North or Central American nation since their home World Cup in 1958, when they beat Mexico.
The Swedish tactic of closing down the centre of defence and allowing the Germans space on the wings looked like paying off until Kroos's late goal and they now need to recover and beat Mexico to be sure of advancing to the second round.
In the post-match interview, Kroos accepted the fact that he was responsible for Sweden's goal, but then gave a direct reply on Germany's fightback in the 2nd half.
Marco Reus, who scored the equaliser against the Swedes, said: "We know that some past world champions have not survived the group stage at their next World Cup, but we will do everything so that it does not happen to us".
It remains to be seen if Low will pick the duo from the start for the final group game with South Korea on Wednesday, but Werner is willing to adapt if it benefits the team.
- Photo showing Melania Trump in 'don't care' jacket is real
- Oil prices spike sharply after OPEC fails to deliver
- Trump threatens 20 percent tariffs on EU cars
- US Supreme Court Agrees with States on Collection of Online Sales Tax
- Supreme Court Rules On Gerrymandering In Wisconsin And Maryland
- Japan princess in Russia to support team at World Cup
- Japan to scrap evacuation drills for North Korean missile threat
- Saudi-led coalition storms Yemen's Hudaida airport compound
- Panama defender Cummings fires warning to England
- Bolton to Visit Moscow, Plan Possible Trump-Putin Meeting