Loew, who won the 2017 Fifa Confederations Cup in Russian Federation with a second-string German side, said Germany has many talented players who will come through the system to help the deposed world champions return stronger. We need a couple of hours to see things clearly.
"I think that all of us weren't up for it and did not have the absolute will to show that we wanted to tear something down here at the World Cup", Neuer said.
Mexican football fans partied at the Korean embassy in Mexico City on Wednesday (Thursday NZ time), personally thanking the Korean ambassador for his nation's shock 2-0 Fifa World Cup victory over Germany.
The goal was awarded because Toni Kroos' touch had played him onside, and minutes later Germany were 2-0 down after Neuer ran up the pitch in a desperate attempt to get a goal.
Germany are the fourth of the last five reigning champions to go out in the group stage, and their performance in the 2018 World Cup was among the least inspiring of all the perennial powerhouses. I couldn't imagine we would lose to South Korea.
But when all seemed lost in Yekaterinburg, South Korea's Kim Young-Gwon broke through with a goal in stoppage time in Kazan to put South Korea up 1-0 over Germany, and a three-goal deficit might as well have been 30 for Mexico faithful.
The Asians almost bagged an early goal when Manuel Neuer spilled a free-kick from Jung Woo-young, while Son Heung-min was unable to follow up.
Ozil has been heavily criticised throughout the tournament and was dropped for the 2-1 win over Sweden last week.
It means Germany's hopes of becoming the first team to retain the World Cup since Brazil's victories in 1958 and 1962 ended in embarrassing fashion. "We all played hard for our fans back home and tried to make sure we'd have no regrets at the end".
Germany coach Joachim Loew caused a surprise by leaving midfield attacking stalwart Thomas Mueller on the bench for the first time since 2012 after his underwhelming displays against Mexico and Sweden. But we have young players who are talented and have the potential to go forward.
The World Cup is something special and on Wednesday afternoon in Russia, South Korea made it a little bit more special.
South Korea kept Germany from advancing to the group of 16 with a pair of awesome goals in stoppage time. #KOR join them heading home, despite big win.
Germany dominated this clash between holders and underdogs, but Korea Republic prevailed by showing their defining characteristics: passion and determination.
- Hundreds protest Trump immigration policy at Allen County Courthouse
- Adrian Wojnarowski Doesn’t Care About ESPN’s NBA Draft Twitter Rules
- Harley-Davidson To Move More Production Oversees Amid US-EU Trade Tensions
- Justices won't hear case of Richland anti-gay marriage florist Arlene's Flowers
- Global stocks sink on trade disputes, safer investments steady
- England's Kyle Walker says VAR a 'cloudy situation' at World Cup
- Russian Federation coach Stanislav Cherchesov bemoans set piece frailties vs. Uruguay
- LeBron James has averaged 9.5 days to make free agency decisions
- Erdogan confirmed victor of Turkey election that brings sweeping new powers
- US Supreme Court Agrees with States on Collection of Online Sales Tax