The Los Angeles native, who turns 27 Friday, played just nine games this season while nursing a quad injury that became a point of contention between his camp and the team, leading to his push for a trade this offseason.
Randle is set to hit the market on Saturday, but he will do so as a restricted free agent.
Rumblings are flying around concerning what the Lakers might be willing and able to offer for Leonard, including plenty of buzz surrounding Brandon Ingram as a potential centerpiece.
After a tragic injury ended his rookie season, Randle has steadily improved in all of his three years since.
Tristan Thompson and JR Smith were frightful in both ends of the hardwood all season long except for some stretches, while Kyle Korver and George Hill aren't getting any younger and would be better off elsewhere.
He averaged 10.8 points in 21 regular-season games with the Cavs.
That's all we've got at the minute, but it's the most progress we've had in a year or so.
One major suitor is the Dallas Mavericks.
His numbers do not lie.
George hasn't been a good fit alongside Russell Westbrook in Oklahoma City.
The biggest news story of the next week is all about LeBron James and where he is going to go.
These likely won't be resolved until after LeBron James and Paul George sign their new contracts (wherever that may be), but there's a chance some of these impending Lakers free agents could be on the roster for the 2018-19 season.
Despite being 33 years old and in his 15th National Basketball Association season, James played in all 82 regular-season games for the first time in his career, averaging 27.5 points, 8.6 rebounds, 9.1 assists and 1.4 steals over 36.9 minutes per contest.
For starters, Paul George would have to sign in Los Angeles.
He said previously he hopes to sign with the Lakers this summer but Philadelphia and Houston are also interested in luring him.
- Spain needs to stay motivated for last World Cup group match
- IOS 12 public beta: the best features
- Cannabis grown in United Kingdom used in FDA approved epilepsy drug
- Saudi Arabia persuades Iran and OPEC to agree increase in oil production
- Hundreds protest Trump immigration policy at Allen County Courthouse
- Rules in the Knockout Stages
- Sarah Sanders asked to leave restaurant because she works for Donald Trump
- Rudy doubt for Germany with broken nose
- US Supreme Court Upholds Travel Ban | Morgan Lewis
- Bavarians offer respite in migrant plan row with Merkel