Jimmy said that when he first saw that the president had bashed him on Twitter, his first instinct was to immediately tweet back. "He's the president! What are you doing?" he said. There's nothing else I want to do.
"Now I wouldn't do that show, the guy's awful", Trump said about Kimmel. I agreed to do his show, and because I guess I was running at the time, he got tremendous ratings on that show. Earlier this week, he hit back at the president's "be a man" tweet, which came after Fallon said he regretted the pre-election interview from 2016 when he tousled Trump's hair. "He called & said 'monster ratings'".
The hair-messing TV appearance caused an outcry at the time, with critics accusing Fallon of "humanising" a person who encouraged hateful rhetoric.
Fallon also said he made a donation in Trump's name to the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, which is working to reunite parents and children separated at the border by immigration officials.
Fallon responded on Twitter with a nod to the plight of young immigrants caught up in Trump's zero-tolerance administration policies. "They're my favorite peanut butter cup, '" Fallon said.
Fallon is just the latest in a long line of public figures to spark the president's ire.
"I mean, honestly, are these people amusing?"
At the rally, Trump also mentioned Colbert."The guy on CBS, what a lowlife". I can laugh at myself, frankly, if I couldn't I'd be in big trouble. "But there's no talent, he's not, they're not like, talented people".
- Global stocks sink on trade disputes, safer investments steady
- US Supreme Court Agrees with States on Collection of Online Sales Tax
- #JusticeForJunior: Lala Anthony & Carmelo Anthony Visit Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz's Family
- US Announces Plans to Reunite Migrant Children with Parents
- James Harden: Houston Rockets guard named Most Valuable Player at NBA Awards
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez describes "astonishing" primary upset
- Merkel: Emergency EU immigration meeting produced a lot of good will
- Spain needs to stay motivated for last World Cup group match
- What next for Turkey after Erdogan's executive presidency win?
- Saudi Arabia pip Egypt in final Group tie