Jimmy said that when he first saw that the president had bashed him on Twitter, his first instinct was to immediately tweet back. "He's the president! What are you doing?" he said. There's nothing else I want to do.
"Now I wouldn't do that show, the guy's awful", Trump said about Kimmel. I agreed to do his show, and because I guess I was running at the time, he got tremendous ratings on that show. Earlier this week, he hit back at the president's "be a man" tweet, which came after Fallon said he regretted the pre-election interview from 2016 when he tousled Trump's hair. "He called & said 'monster ratings'".
The hair-messing TV appearance caused an outcry at the time, with critics accusing Fallon of "humanising" a person who encouraged hateful rhetoric.
Fallon also said he made a donation in Trump's name to the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, which is working to reunite parents and children separated at the border by immigration officials.
Fallon responded on Twitter with a nod to the plight of young immigrants caught up in Trump's zero-tolerance administration policies. "They're my favorite peanut butter cup, '" Fallon said.
Fallon is just the latest in a long line of public figures to spark the president's ire.
"I mean, honestly, are these people amusing?"
At the rally, Trump also mentioned Colbert."The guy on CBS, what a lowlife". I can laugh at myself, frankly, if I couldn't I'd be in big trouble. "But there's no talent, he's not, they're not like, talented people".
- Justices won't hear case of Richland anti-gay marriage florist Arlene's Flowers
- US Supreme Court Upholds Travel Ban | Morgan Lewis
- The Avengers 4 Trailers Are Going To Have A Weird Marketing Problem
- Zimbabwe VP Chiwenga, Wife Injured in Stadium Blast
- LeBron James has averaged 9.5 days to make free agency decisions
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez describes "astonishing" primary upset
- What next for Turkey after Erdogan's executive presidency win?
- US Announces Plans to Reunite Migrant Children with Parents
- Rules in the Knockout Stages
- Oil prices spike sharply after OPEC fails to deliver