US District Judge Dana Sabraw in San Diego ordered border authorities to reunite children with their families within 30 days of the Tuesday ruling, or 14 days if the child is younger than five.
By the time First Lady Melania Trump rolled up to a child-migrant shelter as part of a swarm of SUVs, police cruisers, and cops on motorcycles, the Phoenix activists were ready to meet her.
There was no discussion of the thousands of children the Trump administration has forcibly separated from their parents and families.
While her communications director, Stephanie Grisham, said there was no "hidden message" behind the article of clothing and that #ItsJustAJacket, President Trump later tweeted that the coat "refers to the Fake News Media".
ABC's Lauren Pearle and Justin Doom contributed reporting to this article. "There was so much anticipation about what she might wear - would she be sending another message?" fashion expert Brooke Jaffe told Inside Edition.
Melania Trump seemingly left her controversial jacket at home for her latest trip.
"If this is an issue of importance to the first lady, the field is vast for engagement and follow-up and her voice", she said.
Grisham said the first lady "really wants to learn" about the border processes making news around the world.
Last week, Mrs. Trump met with officials who work with detained families in McAllen, Texas.
Anticipating a trip to Phoenix, protesters also gathered outside the Southwest Key facility in the city's west side.
"Migration is a human right".
The president last week signed an executive order to halt the separation of families at the border, at least for a few weeks, but the order did not address the reunification of families already separated.
Earlier this week, a United States court blocked the administration from separating families at the border and ordered all children be reunited with their parents in 30 days.
They were placed in government-contracted shelters, some of them hundreds of miles from where their parents were being held. It's not clear yet how the administration will meet the deadline.
- Harley-Davidson To Move More Production Oversees Amid US-EU Trade Tensions
- Rules in the Knockout Stages
- The Avengers 4 Trailers Are Going To Have A Weird Marketing Problem
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- If I go and headbutt Roberto... Southgate laughs off permutations talk
- Germany face South Korea in World Cup crunch game
- Global stocks sink on trade disputes, safer investments steady
- US Supreme Court Upholds Travel Ban | Morgan Lewis
- Funeral for Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz held at Bronx church Wednesday
- Justices won't hear case of Richland anti-gay marriage florist Arlene's Flowers