Rumblings are flying around concerning what the Lakers might be willing and able to offer for Leonard, including plenty of buzz surrounding Brandon Ingram as a potential centerpiece. This report would indicate they're attempting to make a big splash right now.
"They have pretty much denied that any of that is happening". Maybe they'll be the ones that acquire Leonard, making it easier for James to stay in Cleveland.
Durant also has an opt-out clause he is expected to exercise, but he would shock the league if he did anything other than sign a lucrative contract to return to Golden State.
And Wojnarowski is convinced that James' trade to the Lakers could pave the way for Leonard to follow him there.
Another team hoping to quickly join the mix is the Philadelphia 76ers. The Spurs have acknowledged their fractured relationship with Leonard, but general manager R.C. Buford recently said the team's first option would be to retain the 26-year-old All-Star.
What the Spurs do from here on out is anyone's guess, but they are handling the end of the Leonard situation with aplomb. Leonard played in only nine games this season, scoring 16.2 points a night, well below his average of 25.5 in 2016-17.
According to a recent report by Yahoo!
The summer of superstars is nearly upon us, and the Los Angeles Lakers are poised to be big players during 2018 National Basketball Association free agency. His ability to score in isolation and make threes (38.6 percent for his career) would be especially valuable. And on the Sixers, Leonard could be effective in a less ball-dominant role than on the Spurs. A potential, more serious offer that Philadelphia is weighing internally includes Saric and Covington and the 2021 Miami Heat unprotected first-round pick the Sixers obtained in their draft-night deal with the Phoenix Suns.
You should believe what you want about Smith's report. "That pick might be the thing that links a possible trade". A long-term core of Leonard, Simmons and Embiid is capable of winning championships.
- US Supreme Court Upholds Travel Ban | Morgan Lewis
- Joe Jackson dead at 89
- Republican immigration overhaul fails in heavier than expected defeat
- Merkel: Emergency EU immigration meeting produced a lot of good will
- Germany face South Korea in World Cup crunch game
- Russian Federation coach Stanislav Cherchesov bemoans set piece frailties vs. Uruguay
- IOS 12 public beta: the best features
- The Avengers 4 Trailers Are Going To Have A Weird Marketing Problem
- Reports of shooting and fatalities at Capital Gazette newspaper in Baltimore
- Did Poland coach order a player to simulate an injury?