LeBron James is headed to Los Angeles and National Basketball Association fans have a lot to say about it. ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports James has agreed to a massive four-year, $154 million deal with the Lakers.
After the news broke, James took to Instagram to deliver a farewell message to Cleveland.
Though Love's name is brought up in trade rumors almost every season, ESPN reported earlier this month that the Cavs would like to keep the former UCLA stand-out on the team, even if James decides to leave. The Lakers are considered strong candidates to sign James, but he also has an offseason home in L.A.
The NBA free agency period is in full swing and all eyes are on where LeBron James goes.
A team contingent met with James' representatives on Sunday in Los Angeles, and sources said James was interested in playing for Philly.
Shortly after the 12:01 EDT a.m. start to free agency, Cavs general manager Koby Altman spoke on the phone to both James and Paul, the person said.
James wasn't the only free agent having his every move tracked Saturday.
James will not comment further on his decision to join the Lakers, according to a report from ESPN. This is the third time in eight years James has changed teams.
The Clippers are reportedly one of the five teams to make an offer to San Antonio for Leonard.
If James decides to leave, the Cavs would suddenly have a lot of cap space on their hands, leaving the team with several options.
Knicks coach David Fizdale has a strong relationship with James, but likely will never have the chance to recruit him.
- France just knows it's going to get Messi against Argentina
- Did Poland coach order a player to simulate an injury?
- Croatia bests Denmark in shootout to reach World Cup quarter-finals
- LeBron James Declines $35.6M Option, Will Enter Free Agency
- If I go and headbutt Roberto... Southgate laughs off permutations talk
- Southgate: Germany's exit has no bearing on England
- Republican immigration overhaul fails in heavier than expected defeat
- 17 states sue Trump administration over family separations
- Cleveland Cavaliers Interested In Trading For Kemba Walker
- Reports of shooting and fatalities at Capital Gazette newspaper in Baltimore