DeMarcus Cousins, the simultaneously lovable and hateable Boogie, chose to join the reigning NBA Champion Golden State Warriors on a one-year/$5.3 million deal. However, all signs point towards him wanting the Lakers, who just signed LeBron James to a four-year deal.
But there won't be any rush to get him back. Sure Cousins is coming off a serious injury, but one-year, $5.3 million is an insane bargain.
The Los Angeles Lakers reportedly want to trade for Kawhi Leonard, believing it can help them land LeBron James in free agency. But despite all his success, he has a reputation as somewhat of a hot-head and toxic locker room presence, so the most interesting part of this move will be seeing how he fits in to Warriors head coach Steve Kerr's group. Cousins has been rehabilitating primarily in his offseason home of Las Vegas and has previously told The Undefeated that he could be ready by the start of training camp. I'm going to make the absolute best decision for DeMarcus Cousins.
The NBA's richest team has gotten a whole lot richer.
Cousins is good friends with Warriors All-Star Draymond Green. Bosh has not retired, instead, a joint medical review by the National Basketball Association and players union ruled Bosh out for last season, it was believed to be a career-ending illness.
The Dubs added an All-Star talent for the mid-level exception, saw their chief rival get worse, saved money while retaining a superstar and dodged the PG-to-LA bullet.
The squad may have figured out a way to win without their star center, but he was load to deal with for opposing teams when he was healthy.
A two-time all-NBA selection, Cousins averaged 25.2 points, 12.9 rebounds, 5.4 assists and a 35.4 percent 3-point shooting average last season in 48 games with the Pelicans.
Can Boogie return from an Achilles Tendon injury as the same player, much like the greatest Hawk of all time, Dominique Wilkins, did after rupturing his Achilles in the 1991-92 season? They landed DeMarcus Cousins in free agency.
- Amazon to buy PillPack in move into pharmacy in US
- Trade for Leonard looks like a long shot for Celtics
- Newspaper says it received threats following shooting
- Japan Satisfied With 1-0 Defeat to Poland - Head Coach
- LeBron James Declines $35.6M Option, Will Enter Free Agency
- Cleveland Cavaliers Interested In Trading For Kemba Walker
- MI Muslims Rally Against Supreme Court Travel Ban Decision
- Brilliant Cavani brace fires Uruguay into last eight
- Croatia bests Denmark in shootout to reach World Cup quarter-finals
- Kennedy's departure opens 2nd seat for Trump to fill