Basketball's worldwide governing body has opened disciplinary hearings against Australia and the Philippines after a wild brawl that included Milwaukee Bucks forward Thon Maker broke out in their Basketball World Cup qualifying game Monday.
Thirteen players were ejected after the embarrassing fight, leaving the Philippines to play three on five against Australia.
The game was called off after the remaining Philippines players fouled themselves out, with Australia declared the victor 89-53.
Basketball Australia Chief Executive Anthony Moore said the team would depart the Philippines on Tuesday morning instead of later in the day as planned.
There is no timeframe to the investigation being conducted by FIBA and Basketball Australia but those players and officials involved are facing serious sanctions.
During a closed-door practice on Sunday, the Australian team took liberty in peeling off FIBA-approved decals on the floor over "safety concerns" for its players.
FIBA has already opened disciplinary proceedings against both teams.
Moldovan tweeted, following the brawl which left the Philippines without enough players to continue.
Thon Maker has released a statement taking responsibility for his role in the brawl and expressing his deep disappointment in the entire fiasco.
"It was alarming when you see a congregation of players at the end of the court and you say 'is one of our players really under there?'"
Gilas lost by default, 53-89, as Fajardo and Norwood intentionally fouled themselves out of the game.
Moore also said that the Boomers would need assurances from FIBA and others before returning to play in the Philippines following the incident.
The game continued with Gilas playing 3-on-5. "Let's respect also the decision that will come out from the referees".
- 17 states sue Trump administration over family separations
- World Cup hero Akinfeev says Russian Federation were aiming for penalties
- WTI Crude Oil On Roller Coaster Ride - Top 3 Reasons
- Amazon to buy PillPack in move into pharmacy in US
- FPJ's dream XI predictions for Spain vs Russian Federation
- Klutch Sports announces LeBron James decision to join Lakers
- 'Would not give up "even an inch" of its territory' - China
- How do Sixers stack up in competition for LeBron James?
- MI Muslims Rally Against Supreme Court Travel Ban Decision
- South Korean KO - Dark day for defending champions