One supporter said: "I was so nervous @megan_davison_ how unbelievable was he though!"
The Leicester forward came on as a substitute in last night's win over Colombia but injured his groin during the game and the Telegraph reports that he got an injection after the game. I've got power and agility.
Captain Harry Kane, who scored the penalty that put England 1-0 up in the second half and also converted the first spot kick in the shootout, said England showed great character after conceding at the death.
When England coach Gareth Southgate was asked about his opposite number's comments, he said: "I thought there were many, many fouls in the game and I don't think we conceded anywhere near the number of our opponents. He was fantastic in the penalty shootout, he's big in goal, he's been brilliant in training and he's taken it into the game", he said.
"For me personally, it's the right decision", Rooney told ESPN. "I would have caught it".
The former Aston Villa defender suggested that he disagrees with those who blame Pickford for Januzaj's goal.
"I've been criticised for going with my top hand, but as long as you save it, that's all that counts", said Pickford after silencing his critics. "I might be young but I've got good mental strength and experience and I used that today".
Southgate has suffered more than most from England's penalty torture in the past.
"If Gareth Southgate's team can not take care of this lot in the quarter-finals, they probably should not bother coming home".
Could football finally be coming home this summer?
And despite becoming the first England goalkeeper to make a save in a World Cup shoot-out since 1998, Pickford insisted he was confident in his side's chances after Yerry Mina's late header sent the tie to extra time.
For once England could at least start a shootout with full confidence that one of their takers would find the net.
- Supreme Court nomination has become a campaign issue
- Trump predicts 'very good relationship' with Mexico's president-elect Lopez Obrador
- Former Malaysian PM Najib Razak Arrested For Corruption
- MI Muslims Rally Against Supreme Court Travel Ban Decision
- Brazil beat Mexico 2-0 to reach quarter-finals
- Thai boys trapped in cave for more than a week found alive
- Hundreds gather for candlelight vigil for Maryland newspaper employees killed in shooting
- OR fire forces evacuations, highway closure near Warm Springs
- World Cup hero Akinfeev says Russian Federation were aiming for penalties
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle spend Princess Diana's birthday at polo