"I'm very happy for Raphael, he's gained four years of experience and that's become clear; all these players have grown, they have more maturity, and I think that's necessary", he added. He was poor when he came on, but we need to get back to being solid. The 1998 champions will next face either Brazil or Belgium on Tuesday in St. Petersburg.
Griezmann is a Frenchman who plays professionally in Spain, but he has a special fondness for Uruguay.
"I think we've given enough information about Cavani's injury: we said what happened, we informed everyone with two press releases".
When asked if he was concerned that Olivier Giroud had still not scored at Russian Federation 2018, Deschamps replied "yet", suggesting the Chelsea striker's position in the starting line-up is safe.
The South American side, suffering due to the absence of striker Edinson Cavani through injury, nearly struck back immediately.
The veteran manager, who was at the north London club for 22 years, picked his country of birth, France, as one of his favourites to win the competition, but also feels Brazil and England are in with a good shout. France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris dived to his right and got a hand on a header from Martin Caceres, pushing it just wide of the goal.
"I'm proud of my teammates - they were lions", Godin said, as he and the Uruguay players came off the pitch in tears. "That will hurt them the most".
"We're really strong in our beliefs and we really have been from the outset".
"I want to denounce in front of Federation Internationale de Football Association and with the support of all my Colombian compatriots, the match of the round of 16 between Colombia and England", reads a translation of the petition, which was started by Colombian law student Juan Diego García Muñoz. I am not going to say anything else about Cavani because I already have given enough information and I don't want to get into games.
- 'Floating Brain' Headed to ISS on SpaceX Cargo Run
- Scaramucci: Roe v. Wade Won't Likely Be Overturned
- All 12 boys and football coach trapped in Thailand cave 'found alive'
- OR fire forces evacuations, highway closure near Warm Springs
- David Moyes backs Jordan Pickford for England role
- Trump tweets that EPA chief Scott Pruitt has resigned
- Bumrah, Sundar ruled out of England T20I series
- Sen. Collins: 'I Will Not Support Nominee Hostile to Roe v. Wade'
- Supreme Court nomination has become a campaign issue
- Poland braces for Supreme Court rebellion as judicial reform kicks in