Already laying claim to the title of world's best consumed of tubular "meat", Jaws won Nathan's Famous July Fourth hot dog eating contest for a insane 11th time, setting a new high mark of 74 hot dogs along the way - including the buns.
Eager to continue his dominance in the competition, Chestnut displayed a jaw-breaking eating endurance as he quickened the tempo by eating seven hot dogs in a minute.
On the women's side of the competition at New York's Coney Island, Miki Sudo won her fifth straight title by eating 37 hot dogs to beat out second-place finisher Michelle Lesco of Tucson, Arizona, who ate 28.
Hot dog eating champion Joey Chestnut's condiments have arrived on the eve of the biggest dog-eating holiday of the year.
Last year, Chestnut won with a record 72 dogs and franks consumed.
However, Sudo displayed her prowess by eating 41 hot dogs and buns previous year, and remains a heavy -550 favorite against the field to successfully defend her title Wednesday afternoon.
The 2018 Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest will broadcast live on ESPN beginning at 10:50 a.m. EST for the women's competition and 12 p.m. for the men's competition.
"I found a vicious rhythm", said the 34-year-old eater, according to the AP, after winning the coveted "Mustard Belt" yet again.
"I'm going to keep riding the wave", he said of his carer on the competitive eating circuit.
Who better to create a line of condiments than someone who devours hot dogs for a living?
And it's not just the hot dogs either - it's the buns as well.
ESPN3 will also have a Joey Chestnut-focused camera feed during the contest, and a variety of feature stories on Chestnut, Carmen Cincotti, and Max Suzuki are all planned as well. Sonya Thomas still holds the women's world record with 45 hot dogs in 10 minutes.
Kristina Rovtar was inspired watching her mother and sought to join her this year. Competitive get ready for the event by stretching out their stomachs by drinking gallons of milk or water as fast as they can.
- Ousted Pakistani PM Sharif gets 10-year jail term ahead of polls
- UK police in protective suits seen at site of new Novichok poisoning
- Trump to Pull Tariff Trigger at Midnight in Trade-War Escalation
- Former coal lobbyist Andrew Wheeler is the new EPA head
- Saga Of The Statue Of Liberty Scaler
- Trump Baby Balloon Gets Approval to Fly in London
- Oil prices climb on tightening USA market
- Lewis Hamilton prepared to face the penalty at British Grand Prix
- Trump tweets that EPA chief Scott Pruitt has resigned
- England's Stones happy to send 'dirtiest team' Colombia home from World Cup