Southgate's rising profile has been a bonanza for lookalike airline pilot Neil Rowe, who even managed to temporarily fool BBC TV presenter and former England worldwide Gary Lineker when he spied him in the crowd during the match against Sweden.
The 2018 World Cup is now just a few days from the semi-finals.
He said: "We've talked, touched briefly, certainly, on the team which won".
"Gareth Southgate has re-energised English football, as anyone who's been to a Walkabout to watch a match will tell you!"
In a tweet, London Ambulance Service said: "We're delighted with the result, but this has put a big dampener on the celebrations for us".
Luc Jones said he had been disappointed in past England players being more "into their haircuts or their pop celebrity girlfriend or their new sports vehicle than actually kicking the ball". "If you'd asked me before the tournament, I'd have been happy with this young team getting to the quarterfinals".
Southgate has made bold decisions to cast aside Jack Wilshere, Rooney and Hart among others, and then replaced them with inexperienced players.
"But of course you get an accumulation of fatigue through a tournament, that's why we took the decision we did against Belgium more than anything".
Now it is about striking a balance between cherishing the moment and keeping even-tempered as England prepare for their first World Cup semi-final since 1990.
England duo Dele Alli and Ashley Young trained on Thursday to give the Three Lions a huge fitness boost for their World Cup quarter-final.
Nevertheless Rowe, a devoted England fan who has spent around £50,000 (56,600 euros, $66,500) to follow England over the past two decades, will wear his £65 Marks and Spencer waistcoat again on Wednesday.
If given the go-ahead, the fan zone would be held at Lincoln Castle from 5pm on Wednesday, July 11, when England face Croatia. There was Robert Green allowing a seemingly harmless shot from US forward Clint Dempsey through his grasp and into the net in a World Cup group-stage game in 2010.
- Sweden beat Switzerland to set up possible quarter-final with England
- UK police in protective suits seen at site of new Novichok poisoning
- Trump tweets that EPA chief Scott Pruitt has resigned
- Dozens missing after boat capsizes off Thailand's Phuket island
- Trump Baby Balloon Gets Approval to Fly in London
- Pompeo to Head to North Korea as Doubts Mount About Its Intentions
- YouTube star is one of three killed at popular waterfall in Canada
- Brazil vs Belgium tips, stats, predictions and match preview
- Thai schoolboys not ready for underwater escape
- We haven't reunited a single separated family admits Trump administration