Mrs May accentuates the positive, saying that "no two countries do more together than ours to keep their people safe and prosperous", and gives no hint of anger about the interview that seriously undermined her.
In an interview with the Sun published late Thursday, as he dined with May, Trump said her proposal to execute a so-called "soft Brexit", maintaining ties with the European Union, was wrong and would torpedo a USA trade deal.
"I think he's got what it takes, and I think he's got the right attitude to be a great prime minister".
US President Donald Trump has lobbed a verbal hand grenade at Theresa May saying the British PM has wrecked the UK's exit from the European Union and killed any chances of a free trade deal with the US.
"And unfortunately there was a story that was done, which was, you know, generally fine", Trump said. "It's called fake news", he added.
While his trip was not a full state visit, he has been given red carpet treatment and is scheduled to have tea later with Queen Elizabeth at Windsor Castle, where her grandson Prince Harry married USA actress Meghan Markle in May.
Before the president even arrived, mass protests were organizing in London and other places around the U.K. The highlight of the festivities was a giant orange diaper-clad Trump baby balloon maneuvered around by protesters wearing "Trump Babysitter" shirts.
"The sense of betrayal in this country will be huge, and I very much hope that she's out of office before too long", Farage said.
In a bombshell interview, which was published in The Sun tabloid newspaper on Friday, Trump said: "I think he has done a very bad job on terrorism".
- Rod Rosenstein expected to announce new indictment in Mueller probe
- US Reschedules Meeting with North Koreans on Return of Troop Remains
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic will renew rivalry in Wimbledon semi-finals
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- People Are Looking at Meghan Markle’s Outfit for the Wrong Reason
- Djokovic Breaks Nishikori To Reach Wimbledon Semis
- Brexit: UK's Blueprint For Future EU Relations To Be Published
- Trump says he feels 'unwelcomed' in London, blasts mayor Sadiq Khan
- Planned Parenthood Protests Brett Kavanaugh's Nomination In Front Of Florida's Supreme Court