France fans let off flares as they celebrate in front of the Eiffel Tower.
However a freekick in the 18th minute from Griezmann flicked off of Croatian star Mario Mandzukic's head and nestled into the far corner of the Croatian net.
Six minutes later Lucas Hernandez tore down the left to set up Mbappe to drill home a low shot as the 19-year-old young player of the tournament claimed his fourth goal in Russian Federation and became the first teenager to score in a final since Pele in 1958.
"We played well in the first 20 minutes", the Croatia boss told reporters. But the fact is that was the case for only portions of two games in this World Cup: France's final and its 4-3 win over Argentina in the round of 16.
"It's so attractive, so wonderful", Deschamps told France's TF1.
"I'm very happy. I was able to show my ambitions and our collective ambition, which was to win".
It is, however, a thoroughly modern team, with technically accomplished young players, a distinct identity and no obvious weak points.
Another alternative to watch the Croatia vs France game online without cable is via Hulu Live TV with complete World Cup coverage.
Both teams failed to covert good chances early in the second half, but as the match neared an hour, France did convert.
The match between the two countries remained quite intense all throughout, even though France kept a lead of 2-1 till half time.
Their coach Zlatko Dalic looked rueful, but his team were back level just before the half-hour, Domagoj Vida laying the ball off for Perisic, who shuffled the ball from right foot to left before drilling a superb shot past Lloris with the aid of a touch off Raphael Varane. Croatia has scored 12 goals and allowed five while France has 10 goals and four against. Then, referees awarded France a penalty kick for a handball from Perisic, giving France a valuable opportunity.
Griezmann scored from the penalty spot in the 38th minute after a video review. The crowd grew up perfectly still with France's third and fourth goal.
Shortly after several pitch invaders briefly interrupted proceedings, the third French goal arrived in the 59th minute. Mbappe broke to the edge of the box and his cross was knocked down by Griezmann into the path of Pogba, the Manchester United man fired home at the second attempt.
The midfielder's right-footed shot was blocked but he quickly and coolly curved the rebound in with his left.
The mercurial Kylian Mbappe, 19, followed suit six minutes later and became the first teenager to score in a final since Pele in 1958.
- Kerber beats Williams to claim maiden Wimbledon title
- France vs Croatia World Cup Final Preview and Predictions
- John Giles: 'If Pogba has seen the light, France will win'
- Rod Rosenstein expected to announce new indictment in Mueller probe
- Trump in Scotland on next leg of contentious United Kingdom trip
- Djokovic Breaks Nishikori To Reach Wimbledon Semis
- Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page to be interviewed by Congress this week
- Tropical Storm Chris Turning Into Hurricane Off North Carolina Coast
- Donald Trump: Theresa May's Brexit plan will 'kill' USA trade deal
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation leaders hope to 'avert disaster' amid concern