Croatia fans in Bergen County were proud of the team despite the defeat, celebrating their hard work and the achievement of Croatia becoming the second smallest country to make it this far in the World Cup.
After the match, Macron headed down to the field to individually congratulate all of the players.
But wins against Saudi Arabia and Egypt in the group stage allowed Russian Federation to reach the World Cup knockout stage for the first time in post-Soviet history. Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic favors support for dialogue with Russian Federation, she told the Associated Press agency in an interview. "Easy", added former Manchester United Ferdinand.
France was also helped by the form struck by its main forward Antoine Griezmann and playmaker Paul Pogba.
World Cup Daily: France win the World Cup, but Croatia do themselves proud. In videos circulating on social media, the president can be seen trying his hand at the famous celebration move.
The French head of state joined his country's victorious players in the locker room after they beat Croatia 4-2.
"The Croatian president is coming out of this as the victor".
General view as Croatia fans await the arrival of the team at the main square in Zagreb.
Tens of thousands of people poured into the streets of Croatia's capital Zagreb to stage a hero's welcome for their national football team.
A crowd estimated at more than 100,000 thronged the capital's main square to see the players, led by captain and World Cup Golden Ball victor Luka Modric, parade through the streets on an open-top bus.
Defender Dejan Lovren said that while he was disappointed to have lost because he believes Croatia were the better team, he was pleased with what they accomplished.
- `Trump baby´ will come to Scotland for president´s visit
- Rod Rosenstein expected to announce new indictment in Mueller probe
- Djokovic Breaks Nishikori To Reach Wimbledon Semis
- France favorites as Moscow basks in World Cup spotlight
- Japan strongly condemns bomb attacks in Pakistan
- France vs Croatia World Cup Final Preview and Predictions
- Trump should cancel Putin summit after Mueller indictments, Congress says
- Donald Trump's visit: Why has he coming to the UK? - CBBC Newsround
- Papa John's Scraps Founder John Schnatter From Branding
- Wimbledon 2018: Angelique Kerber denies Serena Williams to win third Grand Slam