"It's impossible in my job to promise something, but I surely would give all my possessions to win something with Chelsea". However, negotiations over a £9million compensation package dragged on, and Sarri will now have to make up for lost time, with just 28 days to go before the opening game of the Premier League season.
Conte won the 2016-17 Premier League title with Chelsea in his first season as head coach and signed an improved contract, but not an extension to the deal which was due to expire in June 2019. "The problem is that in England, there are five or six very good teams".
"I am absolutely ecstatic to be here at Chelsea".
Jorginho followed Sarri from Napoli, but further reinforcements are likely. So I think I was lucky to transport my way of football, my idea of football on the pitch'.
But Sarri can not concern himself about Abramovich's long-term interest, following the Russian billionaire's visa dispute with the United Kingdom authorities, or the indefinite postponement of plans to rebuild Stamford Bridge. In addition, his pace and ability to get around the pitch tactically are very different from Kante.
Conte released his statement via the League Managers Association following his departure.
"I hope we can provide some entertaining football for our fans, and that we will be competing for trophies at the end of the season, which is what this club deserves", Sarri told Chelsea's official website.
He added: "It was fantastic for me to be able to share my emotions, passion and enthusiasm throughout two unforgettable seasons with these wonderful Chelsea supporters, who will always stay in my heart".
Chelsea have formally announced the appointment of Maurizio Sarri as their new manager after weeks of speculation, with the Italian now facing the task of whipping his squad into shape before the Premier League kicks off in a month's time.
- UK’s May halts revolt over Brexit trade bill
- Putin says 25 mln cyber attacks at World Cup-related infrastructure foiled
- Blockbuster Down to Final U.S. Location
- Southgate says England felt welcome in Russian Federation despite tensions
- President Emmanuel Macron leads France's World Cup celebrations
- Trump shows he trusts an ex-KGB agent more than USA intelligence
- John Giles: 'If Pogba has seen the light, France will win'
- Juve Stars Mock Cuadrado For Handing Ronaldo No.7 Jersey
- Ex-prez campaign adviser: Indictment shows ‘no evidence of collaboration’
- Sen. Mark Warner: Vladimir Putin will 'take advantage' of Donald Trump