The Philadelphia 76ers' package of Robert Covington, Dario Saric and Miami's unprotected 2021 didn't move the needle for the Spurs.
For Leonard and the Spurs, there's finally closure to a relationship that obviously was fractured beyond fix and devolved into a soap opera as the season went along. Leonard is a superstar two-way player, and LeBron James is now out of the East. While the Raptors reportedly had told DeRozan recently he wouldn't be traded, there was no way he couldn't be included in a deal for Kawhi. He averaged 25.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game in the 2016-17 season.
For the Spurs, being able to get DeRozan back in the trade is a pretty successful result, at least when you consider that their relationship with Leonard is seemingly broken.
Leonard's injury last season was described as right quadriceps tendinopathy, and the Spurs listed him as out on their injury reports for much of the year, citing "injury management".
The Raptors are coming off a No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference for the first time in franchise history but have made a habit of disappointing in the playoffs.
DeRozan, meanwhile, has three years and $83 million left on his contract, which includes an early-termination option for the 2020-21 season.
It's official, Kawhi Leonard may want to go purchase a couple really heavy winter coats, because he is headed to Toronto.
For the Spurs, this ends the standoff between them and Leonard and their attempt to keep him in the Alamo City.
San Antonio will also receive a top-20 protected first-round pick as part of the deal which will turn into two second-round picks if it falls outside the protection.
If he leaves, he could sign a four-year, $141 million deal with a team with the available salary-cap space, per Woj. Poeltl holds a career field goal percentage of.641 (320-499), which ranks fifth in the National Basketball Association among all players with at least 300 field goals made in the last two seasons.
- British PM accepts key amendments from hard-line Brexiteers
- 'Defended a Tyrant': McCain, GOP Lawmakers Rip Trump Over 'Tragic' Putin Summit
- Amazon suffers glitch as Prime Day kicks off
- Trump shows he trusts an ex-KGB agent more than USA intelligence
- ‘Trump told me Britain should sue Brussels’
- UK’s May halts revolt over Brexit trade bill
- Trump an 'American patriot' says Turnbull after Putin meeting
- Antonio Conte thankful for "unforgettable" Chelsea memories
- Europe prepares to hit Google with another huge fine
- Theresa May bows to pro-Brexit pressure to survive parliamentary scare