The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department released dramatic body camera video of a police chase and shootout that happened last week, ending in the death of one of the suspects.
"In my opinion they showed a level of bravery, heroics, that we come to expect from our officers", described Assistant Sheriff Tim Kelly. The officer behind the wheel, William Umana, can be heard on video yelling "shots fired" multiple times.
Romero died that morning at University Medical Center. The drama started in morning rush hour as an officer, William Umana, chased two murder suspects in his auto. Nunez was arrested after being found suffering from gunshot wounds and was taken to the hospital, according to the station. That's when one of the suspects began shooting at him, firing a total of 34 shots. That led to a long police chase. The second officer's vehicle was hit by bullets at least twice and could not finish the chase. A man, who has been identified as 25-year-old Thomas Romero, was shot multiple times at a vehicle wash by an adult male who fled the area in a large black Ford Expedition with large tires driven by another man.
Firing from a moving auto, it's likely impossible to ensure a safe backstop and the safety of civilians.
Officer engages in shootout with suspects during pursuit
Rene Nunez, who was driving the SUV, jumps from the moving vehicle before attempting to flee through the doors of an elementary school, but gets trapped outside with the doors being locked shut.
Miranda then moved the SUV toward the officer's cruiser, according to the Fox report.
Umana, 43, pulled his vehicle closer to the SUV and fired 11 shots through his windshield, the Review-Journal said.
Soloman fired his shotgun once and hit Miranda. Ramos said. "It's a situation where you're damned if you do, damned if you don't, but in this case, the officer acted remarkably".
- I wanted Trump to win - Vladimir Putin
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Intel chief says Russia meddling in US ‘ongoing’
- NASSER HUSSAIN: England pass their India test with flying colours
- Antonio Conte thankful for "unforgettable" Chelsea memories
- Theresa May bows to pro-Brexit pressure to survive parliamentary scare
- Where you can watch Obama’s Nelson Mandela lecture online
- Top smartphones for gaming
- Glitches mar Amazon Prime Day
- 'Defended a Tyrant': McCain, GOP Lawmakers Rip Trump Over 'Tragic' Putin Summit