The Serie A side said Liverpool had agreed a deal worth up to 72.5 million euros ($84 million) for the 25-year-old, eclipsing the previous record of 53 million euros paid by Juventus for Gianluigi Buffon in 2001.
Roma's Alisson Becker reacts.
Liverpool have announced the signing of Alisson from Roma for a fee of £65m, making the Brazilian the most-expensive goalkeeper in history. It's not his price, it's not the price we want to pay, it's only the price the market demands.
Roma's sporting director Monchi has stressed selling Alisson "would not show a lack of ambition" as he confirmed the player was in Liverpool on Thursday.
The importance of Liverpool signing Alisson made his mega-money fee inconsequential, according to Jurgen Klopp.
Allison signed a six-year-deal with Liverpool
Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp says clubs will be "collecting the bones" of overworked players as the global calendar places more demands on teams already struggling to cope with a hectic domestic schedule.
"I'm really happy to have the opportunity to play alongside him again".
Pickford began his career with his local side Sunderland, where he impressed with a string of superb performances during the 2016/17 season, despite the Black Cats ultimately suffering relegation from the Premier League.
It's now been viewed over 50,000 times and Liverpool fans have noticed something very promising about Alisson: his English.
Alisson became Brazil's starting goalkeeper in 2016, under then-coach Dunga, because of his impressive form with Internacional.
"That has made me really excited to be part of this group".
- White House invites Putin to Washington for fall meeting
- Hall H Debut Of New ‘Doctor Who’ Unveils New Season Teaser
- After Helsinki, Trump plans to host Putin in Washington
- Theresa May clings on after Boris's devastating resignation speech
- Melania Trump's Face During Meeting With Vladimir Putin Goes Viral
- Fabregas begs Hazard to stay at Chelsea
- Researchers discover a dozen new moons of Jupiter
- Trump backtracks on Helsinki comments - PM
- Melania Trump's "Haunted" Expression After Meeting Putin Is Going Viral
- White House denies Trump said Russia no longer targeting U.S.