Officials did not reveal the identity of the woman, but multiple sources have confirmed it to be Demi Lovato.
News crews gathered outside Lovato's home in the Hollywood Hills, where vehicles were seen entering and leaving Tuesday afternoon. It is being reported that her friends administered Narcan before she was taken to the hospital.
Law enforcement tells the celebrity news site that it appears to be a heroin overdose.
Lovato was next scheduled to perform on Thursday in Atlantic City before traveling to Latin America for the final leg of her 52-date tour.
Representatives for the singer did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
"And daddy please forgive me for the drinks I spilled on the floor".
"To the ones who never left me, we've been down the road before. If I just tried to kill myself why would you give me access to pills".
Lovato's fellow singers Ariana Grande, Meghan Trainor and Lily Allen also sent their love and support via social media.
There is no more information on Lovato's condition available at this time.
- Via Twitter: Trump, Iran drama escalates
- Jordan Spieth's struggles on Sunday cost him $1.6 million
- President Trump to Iran's Rouhani: Never Ever Threaten the US Again
- Israel evacuates Syrian volunteers stranded in frontier area
- Trump slams currency manipulation by Brussels & Beijing
- Trump's ex-lawyer Cohen and Rev. Al Sharpton meet 'n tweet
- Trump Stuns Washington, Invites Russia's Vladimir Putin to White House
- Critics Call Israel's Nation-State Law 'Provocative And Racist'
- Gunman Dead After Shooting Nine in Toronto: Canadian Police
- ‘I was confident German Grand Prix win would stand,’ says Lewis Hamilton