After Serena Williams complained about the frequency of anti-doping tests, comments have flooded social media with some internet users even suggesting that doping officers are trying to steal the prominent U.S. tennis player's DNA.
Serena Williams is the most dominant form on the women's tennis tour and has been for a while and she might also be the most tested athlete in world sport - having been tested five times already by June 2018 alludes to that.
But that achievement may have caught the eye of the USADA, which, according to Williams, "randomly" selected her for another drug test Tuesday. One time she told me, 'If you take your opportunities, more will come'.
"I'm excited", added Tennis player Williams. "It will be impossible for me not to feel some kind of way about that". The 23-time Grand Slam champ just recently mentioned it during a press conference at Wimbledon.
At Wimbledon, Williams slammed "shocking" treatment over excessive targeting from testers in the run-up to the second Grand Slam of the season. However, what she doesn't appreciate is being singled out more than anyone else in her sport.
Players are asked to provide a one hour window each day where they can be reached in the case of random drug testing, and Williams said the tester had arrived earlier than she'd indicated. "Just due to the numbers, it looks like I'm being pushed out".
"How is it I'm getting tested five times in June?"
Serena has been given a wild card entry to compete in the next month's Rogers Cup in Montreal.
"After announcing our player list a few weeks ago, we were only missing Serena to complete our dream tournament", Rogers Cup tournament director Eugene Lapierre said in a statement.
"I've played over 20 years and have always been extremely honest, and that's one thing I take pride on", she said at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, California, in March. It will be first time since time since 2014 that the three-time champion, who returned from a career threatening injury will play in the tournament.
- Israel sounds sirens, fires interceptor missiles on Syria frontier
- ISIS attacks kill about 100 in southwest Syria amid government offensive
- Trump Threatens Iran in Late-night All-caps Tweet
- Putin Soccer Ball Gift To Trump May Have Had Microchip
- No regrets for McIlroy after Open second
- Demi Lovato rushed to hospital after incident at her home - United States reports
- Demi Lovato reportedly hospitalized for apparent overdose
- Jose Mourinho confirms Matteo Darmian can leave Manchester United
- Klopp reveals what'll happen to Karius after Alisson's arrival
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas engaged after two months of dating