United have already welcomed three new players to Old Trafford in the form of Diogo Dalot, Fred and Lee Grant but the club are now without 14 players on their United States pre-season tour.
While the Red Devils are still open to in and outs in the transfer window, Matteo Darmian, the Italian full-back might move away from the Old Trafford before the start of the new season. Speaking to reporters, the 28-year old said that Valencia, who is suffering from a calf injury, is likely to be the first choice in the team at the same position, irrespective of his injury.
It will, however, be another blow for manager Jose Mourinho, who already has seen first-choice right-back Antonio Valencia fly home from the United States with a calf injury. I don't know if he fancies to be back for that and put himself to be available for the team or stay on holiday.
Speaking to a number of national newspapers, Darmian said: "I want to play more regularly".
Leicester will hope to have both players in the ranks when they travel to Old Trafford for the opening match of the Premier League season on August 10.
The Frenchman remains subject to intense transfer speculation with a host of clubs keeping tabs on his situation including Bayern Munich and fellow Premier League outfit Spurs.
The Italian global is down the pecking order at the Premier League club, and reports have suggested that Jose Mourinho is open to selling the former Torino man if the price is right. "Italy? It could be an option, yes, probably".
"We will see what happens". Honestly, I feel really good and I'm raring to go, and the minutes [on tour] are only going to help me become fitter.
He added: "Darmian is a fantastic guy and a tremendous pro".
Wolverhampton Wanderers are closing in on a deal to sign Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo for £25 million as Jose Mourinho clears the decks in anticipation of a huge bid for Leicester City's Harry Maguire. "But we have to take decisions in our life and this is my decision", he said.
- $10,000 lottery tickets sold at neighboring Broad Street businesses
- Feds have 12 Michael Cohen audio recordings
- ISIS claims responsibility for Pakistani polling station blast
- At least 60 dead, hundreds rescued in Greece wildfires
- CBS investigates misconduct claims following report on CEO
- Water is buried beneath Martian landscape, study says
- Cohen secretly recorded conversation with CNN anchor
- United States suggests hosting new Trump-Putin meeting in Washington in late 2018
- Total lunar eclipse around the world
- Barnier blows fresh hole in May's Brexit proposals over Border